Mining skills not increasing

so I just basically came back playing i think about 2 years off. mostly came back for classic, but i though i play the other one to see how much changed… so anyway on the the topic… my mining is legion 34pt in and when i mine (and im playing legion), i am not getting any skill point… did this change or is this a bug? i tried looking this issue up but i didn’t see what i was looking for.
so can anyone tell me whats up?

Thank you

I imagine the nodes you are mining are yellow and won’t give skill points every time.

even being yellow i should have gotten a few points after mining close to a stack of ore of each kind.

Regular Felslate and Leystone nodes are green by 34 (and grey at 40) so it is not unusual at all to hit several for no skill ups. In that range you need to find Seams or Rich nodes to get consistent skillups.

Also make sure you do any mining world quests if you are 110+, some of them ask you to mine special ores and those give skillups all the way to cap.

Like everything else in Legion, it was intended to be hard work to get your skill up.

This is why I wish Wowhead still had their old indicators for ore and herb nodes as to when they go yellow/green/grey. I couldn’t remember when the nodes turned. Also, green gives skill points rarely. It is more common when you are close to the yellow side. But when you get close to the grey side the skill points are even rarer.