Mining nodes spawning under scenery objects, still?

Its 2023, why is this still a thing? surely this isnt still some sort of “bot catching” thing. It was terrible in legion, its still terrible today, over 6 years later.

There just has to be a better way. Either a better way of spotting users employing cheats/hacks OR a better way of defining where gather nodes will be, so as to not place them under a boulder in the middle of an empty field in the ohn’ahran plains

1 Like

I doubt it’s anything like that. It’s either a server issue that gets automatically fixed every week - or something went wrong when the map was compiled. I remember for a month at least after release of DF there was this node flying up in the air. It was hilarious in but not in a funny way, reminded me of everquest 2 where mining nodes would randomly spawn up in trees.

I always got the impression that someone manually flies around and place the nodes. They used to be in clusters of 4 but it depends on the expansion. Pandaria has nodes all over the place, in a way DF do too.

The best thing you can do is try report the “bad” nodes and eventually they’ll get around to fixing them.