Mining Nodes Disappearing

Getting pretty frustrated with all these mining nodes disappearing constantly when I try to mine them. The last 4 I’ve tried to mine in the past couple minutes disappear only when my mining cast bar is at the very end. I can sit next to the node without anything happen, but as soon as I mine it and the cast bar is complete, it disappears and says I can’t mine that item. Has anybody else experienced this issue?

3 Likes

You were probably following behind someone else that was mining them as well. After one person harvests a node, there’s a time window for other people to harvest as well. After that time window is up, the node will vanish. It can happen as you walk up to it, half way through the cast, right at the end of the cast, and so on.

1 Like

I should probably clarify. I change my direction and go to multiple nodes, and they keep disappearing at the very end of the cast without failure. Not when I walk up, not when I start, it’s always at the end of the mining cast. I fail to believe I’m following behind someone so perfectly timed and sitting at several nodes before I cast, that this is the case. I appreciate the effort, but I believe you’re incorrect.

Then it’s probably a phasing issue or some kind of lazy server update algorithm. Like when your cast finishes, the server is like “Hold on a second, I’ve been busy, let me double check to make sure that node is valid… Oh looks like someone already got to it a couple minutes ago…” Might be some kind of load mitigation thing or some kind of antifarmbot thing.

Also happening for me. Super frustrating. If its a phasing issue, or a server issue, then I feel like reporting it is important since it should be a fixable issue.

1 Like

I experience the same issue way too often. I assumed it was someone else mining the area very recently - but most often never saw anybody. So after having three despawn in a row just as I tried to mine them I decided on the fourth to wait and watch. I sat next to it for a minute - it didnt despawn. As soon as I tapped it, it despawned. That seems like a bug or phasing issue. I wish the rule was if you tap it, it does not despawn for you.

There’s also an issue with me for how fast they despawn. I flew to the top of a rock mountain that had two high health mobs on it next to a spawn. I engaged both mobs. Another player arrived and mined while I was fighting. The mobs were dead a few seconds later but not soon enough for me to beat the despawn. When multiple tapping was introduced the despawn was made faster to prevent multiboxers getting 5 lots of the resource. Multiboxers mostly no longer exist - and this together with the difficulty in getting to some spawns justifies a rethink on how fast the despawn happens after a node has been tapped.

The other issue I have is using overload - and it despawning before you get to take advantage of the overload and getting a new 12 hour timer. This happens when the ore has been recently mined, or when you do a molten node and are killing the elemental and someone else arrives and mines - and the node despawns (this also happens when herbalists use overload on an air node).

1 Like

This so much.

1 Like

Totally agree. Nodes should be incapable of disappearing once you start hitting it.

Also gets really frustrating to use your Overload ability on a 12 hour CD only to have the node vanish 90% of the way through harvesting it…

Agreed, but I will say that when you get any DF mining nodes, it does reduce the CD by like 30 minutes or something like that. So if you hit like 23 ish nodes in a 30 minute timeframe, it will be refreshed. Though I will say that the point does still remain.

Happened to me twice this week, used Overload on a molten ore, only to kill the spawned mob and the node itself disappears. One was in the middle of nowhere, latest was 10 seconds after someone else mined while I killed a mob.

This bug has been in the engine for a long time and it’s wasting 12-hour Overload uses.