Minimum GCD Raised to 1.0 Second

How are you going to pretend this is a awful change lol

This is such a terrible change for pve later in TBC, and I’m guessing it was changed because people cry about MQG in Arena. Should have just made a change to the trinket or restrict it from Arena play…

While this change has little impact now for pve, come phase 3-5 we will be given access to tons of spell haste gear. So what are arcane mages supposed to do, just never upgrade their gear for fear of being gcd capped? Upgrade their gear but just don’t see the effect of said upgrades during their CD use? These were obvious thoughts 5 seconds into reading this post…

At least let the unique effect of Arcane Blast supersede this change so that it doesn’t feel bad to get gear from later phases of TBC… Don’t break a fun and exciting new spec guys… like come on!

2 Likes

Nocht: I dont know what OCD is.

You can still cast fast, your GCD should be hard capped. You’ll live

Incorrect. Mages hit a 1 sec AB cast time during their burn phase with IV + Hero(Bloodlust).

This breaks arcane mages in later phases. You hit 1s GCD cap during burn phases. Just cap it to 1s in PvP if that’s the issue.

Mage tears are delicious, imagine having to wait a fraction of a second because you have infinity haste sometimes

Most of the spell haste gear comes from SWP and outside of quags + lust+ Skull being online will result in this change affecting us.

That being said your suggestion of nerfing MQG is the best solution.

You miss the point, entirely…

The fundamental pve playstyle of arcane is mana management with burn and conserve phases.

Right now, the burn phase consists 0.96 second AB spams with Icy Veins and Bloodlust going. If there is a drum user in the group, this value is slightly lower. So right away arcane is going to be clipping the GCD during their burn phase…

So immediately, this change now causes drums to be an ineffective cd use for the arcane mage. Fast forward to later phases, it will be easy to acquire around 20% haste from gear (I think in something like full bis Sunwell gear, that value is actually closer to 30%).

So then you set up a system in which the mage just doesn’t use their IV until after BL is over. And until they actually hit that 20% haste value from gear, they actually will do LESS dps during their burn phase while they acquire gear from LATER raid tiers compared to if they didn’t have that haste gear and just used IV… Like, how can you not think something like that is not absurd? It is an EXTREMELY glaring contradiction in game design lol.

This is quite a reasonable suggestion.

Hahahahah I love it, I can’t get enough.

1 Like

Are you still upset from the other thread?

I understand that the OG GCD was 1.0 seconds, but this only makes arcane mages terrible in sunwell, if the main concern is PvP, just make MQG unusable in arena.

Don’t make this change based on the highking melt strat.

0.75 cap works perfectly fine, arcane mages only see a benefit on super short fights, so how about stopping things like the highking melt strat on future encounters to make equipping MQG not BiS.

This change is regressive.

1 Like

This is my favorite blizzard change now, I can’t wait to read more of this thread in the morning

4 Likes

Fun detected, fun nerfed. :3 Just Blizzard at work.

servers still dead btw

3 Likes

Thank for this fix to mages.

“no one asked for this”

anyone who has done pvp against a light blue nameplate with level 60 trinkets has asked for this. very very very welcome change.

1 Like

as if undead rogues needed more of an advantage :joy:

1 Like

I remember arcane falling behind fire in Sunwell in 2007 anyway. And mages in general being kind of bad except for token one to spellsteal stuff.

Your damage as an arcane mage is somewhat capped by your mana bar anyway, excessive haste stacking just makes you spend it faster which doesn’t really help a lot. Unless kill times are excessively short in which case who cares the boss was gonna die either way.

Just grab crit pieces instead of haste.

3 Likes