Mind control breaking macros

Hey all, Ive been having bugs with mind control and my spell macros, first noticed in Scarlet Monastery Cathedral.

I have mouseover macros for all my heals, some of these become inactive after doing the following process. Im not sure if it would make standard skills on the bars inactive as I havent tested.

The bug:
If I mind control a NPC that has a renew skill, after mind controlling them and casting renew, once I remove the mind control, the renew button on my cast bar becomes inactive. I have to log out and back in to make it work again.

The renew macro does not specify a rank so it always uses max rank.

The macro:
#showtooltip Renew
/cast [@mouseover,exists]Renew;Renew

Regards,
Shadow

I am also experiencing this bug, it seems to affect SWP. If you MC a target that has that ability, coming back to caster form disables the higher ranks of the ability.

It’s concerning that this issue has been in the game since launch and seems to not be addressed. It literally hampers priests ability to properly use their toolkit. Any blizz response here?

Its because how WoW caches spells by name and not by spell ID.

The spell name will be the same but try adding the rank. Not sure if this will work but worth a shot.
/cast [@mouseover,exists] Renew(Rank #);Renew(Rank #)

This solution appears to work. I have tested this with renew on lvl 30 mobs. After mind controling lvl 30 npc priests with my 60 priest, I lose ability to use mouse over macros for renew that do not specify rank. When I put rank 10 in the mouse over macro (or lower rank) I am able to use the macro. I have not tested this yet with other abilities; however, I do know that any ability the mind controlled target and I share, I lose my mouse over macros.

Thank you for finding a solution! It is unfortunate that blizzard still has not corrected this bug, but at least I can use mind control more now.

1 Like

Glad to hear it. You could even test to see what rank the MC target uses and use that same rank in your macro to see if yours takes precedence. Would be cool to know [at least to me] if you have an answer share it here.