Migrate Your Authenticator to the Battle.net Mobile App

Imgur

4 Likes

It’s closer to around 20% of people that don’t have active cell phone service/lines. All Blizz has to do is not require sms.

2 Likes

In the U.S… it 1% and I was assuming that’s where the person is from that wrote that.

Incorrect, should probably research the stats some before trying to regurgitate them. The stats get worse with other countries, from what I listed. Let alone a ‘newer’ smart phone that’s up to date enough for these apps.

1 Like

Stop resisting. Get that cellphone.

2 Likes

“Only 2 percent of U.S. adults use only landlines. Another 3 percent mostly rely on landlines and 1 percent don’t have phones at all. The largest group of holdouts, of course, are folks 65 and older.”

You’re really going to say nearly 71,000,000 people don’t have phones?! XD OMEGALUL

1 Like

another “feature” that nobody asked for… all I want is the authenticator. I don’t need all the other garbage.

1 Like

You source?

The last study I seen on this in June 2023 it was 1%

2 Likes

Okay, does this change replace all previous authentication methods? I don’t use a phone app. My authenticator says Startcraft II Battlenet on one side, and Digipass (R) Go 6 on the reverse side. I push a button to get the code displayed.

Edit: I ended up making a ticket and they responded (rather quickly I might add) that the old authenticators, like mine, will still be good to go until the battery fails. I’m 72 so I think I’ll wait and see if it fails before I do. : )

I saw a post that said the batteries can be replaced. I’ll burn that bridge when I get to it. Hope you’re all having a great day.

Yours first, you wanted to bring it up first so go ahead. Reminder that your source will require a SMARTPHONE with access to google play/IOS store and the app requirements are " AndroidÂŽ 5.0 or iOSÂŽ 9.0 ."

The one I’m looking at states “The share of Americans that own a smartphone is now 85%” But even less people have an active line, or android 5.0 or ios 9.0 and above.

1 Like

Yes… as long as the battery lasts. But you should be making plans for the day it dies, or make best friends with orctang. They said they’ve soldered in a new battery on theirs and it works.

Edit: Source is this thread… someone asked if the fobs were impacted

3 Likes

That’s not how it works dingy… YOU made the claim, YOU back it up. I am also finding 1%

1 Like

Stop moving the goalpost my friend all I said is one percent don’t have a cellphone

2 Likes

I have a phone that i love. but is too old to accept the app

Amazing how many people are being so childish over this.

2 Likes

and you both made the same claim without citing it, but thanks for making it easy for me to hit a certain button.

The app doesn’t require a ‘cellphone’ it requires a ‘smart phone’ with android 5.0 or ios 9.0 and above.

Only 85% of people have had a smart phone, and it’s quite safe to cite 5% or more of those don’t have an active phone line or don’t have the requirements for the app.

2 Likes

Don’t threaten me with a good time

I am experiencing no discomfort.

Will get it soon as you cite your source that shows 97% of Americans have smartphones with android 5.0 or ios 9.0, since you both wanted to make that claim. Keep going though, every post you make digs the hole.

1 Like

Most studies from Gallup, Washington Post, Staista and Pew are 3%. Which is still quite low.

1 Like