Mighty Bash vs. Storm Bolt

Comparing these two stuns doesn’t make sense. Yes they are both talented but they’re used by two different classes, both with entirely different toolkits. Druids in general have a lot more utility compared to warriors. I would imagine the ranges stun is given to warriors due to their lack of mobility compared to druids.

1 Like

Resto & Balance Druids do, and even more so in Shadowlands. Guardian, no, in fact Guardian is losing most of its utility in Shadowlands.

And that’s the problem with having 1-size-fits-all talents for Druid with no adjustment per spec.

1 Like

I can agree with that.

It seems to be for Blizzard, though, and that’s the problem. We’ve been screaming at the top of our lungs since BfA alpha about being the only tank in the game without a slow, and they can’t even manage to fix that. Not just through the entirety of BfA, but now not even in Shadowlands.

I mean, their “fix” was to add Honeypot Pie, a food buff we can use to apply a slow to things that hit us. Seems to be their final word on the answer.

1 Like

I agree that Guardian won’t get much use out of those due to being stuck in bear form most of the time. I wouldn’t put Feral in the same boat though. It’s inconvenient that they have to spend a GCD to get back into form after casting Cyclone, but that hardly makes it useless. Heart of the Wild actually may actually be best for Feral (and Balance). Saving an attempt by stepping in for a fallen tank or healer is pretty much the reason HotW exists. Resto will use it to pump some DPS on an extremely long cool down, but is unlikely to see that same kind of impact.

I’m happy to see Stampeding Roar return to Balance and Resto, but I totally get it. Your one unique thing is no longer a unique thing. I would totally give you Innervate in return if it were up to me, but it isn’t. Please stop taking your frustrations out on your fellow Druids. We’re as powerless in all this as you are! More so, since most of us aren’t in the alpha. >_<

Innervate wouldn’t be enough, if the notion is “go back to the old days” then everyone should get Tranquility, too. Then we’d actually have a healing spell worth using - maybe even with Heart of the Wild! :laughing:

I think your assessment of Heart of the Wild is off-base, too. The primary beneficiary is the spec that is already doing its off-role the most, which is Resto Druids in M+ dungeons, where they go kitty a lot while their HoTs take care of the healing. Heart of the Wild is yet another Resto Druid buff, even while the playerbase in general is complaining about Resto Druids being overpowered in M+.

And I get that you’re annoyed that Druids want Druid nerfs, but it’s clearly reached a point where Resto (and maybe Balance) are being improved at the EXPENSE of Feral/Guardian. Another example of this being the Swiftmend change in Shadowlands, which is trivial for Resto Druids but catastrophic for how Feral/Guardian benefited from Resto Affinity.

1 Like

Where is this idea coming from? Resto is seeing minimal changes in Shadowlands, and not all of them are for the better. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a Resto Druid arguing that the Swiftmend change was a buff, or excited to trade Typhoon for Maim, or looking forward to mana cost increases. Now, I agree that Guardian is worse off than Resto, but the idea that there is some incredible amount of development time going into Resto, and somehow at the expense of Guardian is just silly.

Swiftmend isn’t a buff, but it’s an example of a change that they casually threw in to “make it like it used to be” keeping only Resto in mind, and ignoring how it removes the largest benefit of resto affinity to other specs.

Heart of the Wild is being shoe-horned in as a Resto Buff, or if we want to be charitable, as another “like the old days” ability that just happens to primarily benefit Resto. They’re adding it to the CC row in a way that majorly shafts Guardian.

Since Guardian IS THE ONLY TANK WITH NO SLOW for some reason, we rely on a combo of Typhoon + Ursol’s to kite, especially during Necrotic weeks.

That combo will no longer be possible for Guardian because Ursol’s is getting shunted into the Resto affinity. Too bad the Swiftmend utility is being removed at the same time as a casualty of changes to Resto Druids.

So we’re losing a CRITICAL CC combo that let’s us do Necrotic, to have a new talent added to the tree that we don’t even benefit from.

The Cyclone discussion (which is also being touched on in other threads here) is spurring the silliness that Resto Druids get access to everything, such as Cyclone, while other specs get shut off from it. All coming from this design notion of Blizzard that Resto Druids need to be able to do EVERYTHING that the class can do, but the same doesn’t apply to the other specs.

All at a time when Resto Druids are already one of the most over-represented specs in the game. They’re buffing the most played spec and nerfing the least-played specs, often in order to buff the most played spec.

It’s insane game design.

And it all goes back to the original question that is the subject of this thread: Why is Mighty Bash being nerfed? Because of Resto Druids.

1 Like

I get it. But saying that at this point it’s too much work just feeds into Blizzard’s excuse machine. It’s NOT too much work. In fact, half of your suggestions are so simple that they could be implemented by the most junior developers. Of the rest, I’ll even let them pick 3 to implement and we’ll work around the rest (like we’ve been doing for years).

I’d like them to come out and tell us what the plan is. Either say that they’re going to be getting to Bears in a few weeks; be patient. Or say that they think Bears are perfectly fine and they’re not changing anything for Shadowlands other than the stuff they’ve already taken away. If it’s the former, I’ll find a little more patience. If it’s the latter, at least we know it’s definitely time to quit playing Bears.

Do we know that cyclone in Shadowlands is not castable in form? I recall a point in history where feral could cast cyclone in cat form, unless I’m mistaken (which is entirely possible as I mainly play balance).

I trust Tewa, who’s in the Alpha to make sure of it :smiley:

Right, I just wanted to confirm

I just logged in again to confirm. Cyclone pops you out of bear or cat form. Nor is Cyclone on the list for Predatory Swiftness for Feral.

2 Likes