-Can be dodged/parried

Storm Bolt will remain as is:

-30 sec CD
-4 sec duration
-Physical
-20 yard range
-Cannot be dodged/parried

These are BOTH a TALENT.

Is there something I’m missing as to why Mighty Bash is even being nerfed? It’s crucial for PvP and can be useful for PvE but why make it so inferior?

4 Likes

Because of Resto Druids. Storm Bolt isn’t available to healers cuz it’s a Warrior ability.

And before you say “but they can make it work differently for each spec”. Oh sure, they COULD, but they won’t. After all, they’re nerfing Swiftmend to be worse for everybody except Resto in Shadowlands, too…

The entirety of the Druid class is designed first and foremost around the assumption that everybody is a Resto Druid. Hence things like Heart of the Wild as a “feature” in Shadowlands, which is fantastic for Resto Druid, ok for Balance, not so good for anyone else.

5 Likes

Tewa, off topic but you try out brambles changes yet?

Brambles was changed? I hadn’t noticed. What did they do?

The impulse to ask “this class can do this, why can’t I do it as well?” is what got us the horribly homogenized classes we have now. It’s ok that warriors have a better stun than us. We should be looking for where we make up for it in other areas that the warrior doesn’t have

4 Likes

Sconce, that attitude brought us to where we are now, with no reason to ever bring a Guardian druid ever, since everybody else does everything better. And never more so than in Shadowlands.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be that way, and it’s unfortunate that it is. The answer though shouldn’t be to make guardians more like warriors, it should be to make guardians the best at something that the other classes are not.

1 Like

Posted 5 days ago for new Alpha build.
While Barkskin is active, the brambles also deal (2.6208% of Attack power) Nature damage to all nearby enemies every 1 sec5 sec

Wouldn’t that reduce it by 80%?

That’s what I was hoping to find out, haven’t seen any feedback on the alpha forums about it since the new build.

Well, that’s ridiculous if true.

BUT (and I know this will sound crazy, coming from me) the damage from Brambles while Barkskin is up was always so trivial that I really don’t think this will matter, in the grand scheme of things.

But it’s ridiculous BECAUSE the damage was always so trivial.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s the reason why but I get the feeling it’s because they implemented an anima power that deals dmg while barkskin is activate.

**Cloak of Thorns Barkskin and Ironbark deal (50% of Spell power) damage to all attackers.

So add something that increases Barkskin damage, and compensate by reducing Barkskin damage.

That sounds pretty par for the course, these days, on Blizzard’s part.

1 Like

It did seem coincidental. :neutral_face:
Hope to hear your feedback on Alpha forums. Goodnight!

I logged in to alpha and checked, it’s every 5.2 seconds, which is… weird. And that’s with no gear on so 0% haste, so it’s not haste reducing it.

I agree with your sentiment, but you have to admit that our stun getting nerfed while another class’s already much more powerful stun remains unchanged seems a little inconsistent.

Sure, if it makes the druid overall weaker than the warrior as a result that would be a bad outcome. I’m not really primarily a PVP player so I can’t say if this will really cripple druids or just increase class diversity. I wouldn’t mind seeing bash nerfed and storm bolt unchanged if something like our self healing was made better in exchange.

1 Like

Druids as a class wont be crippled…because resto and balance is getting buffed like crazy. But feral and gaurdian getting shafted.

I dont think blizzard understands that alot of us players dont really care for the whole druid class but our favorite specs…and for druid they are very distinctly different (especially visually)

So when looking at played classes statistics druid will be top…but mostly resto and a fair bit of balance, and none of the 2 others.

Also looking at covenants…the combat abilities look pretty crap except the fae…that has an amazing ability for resto/balance but pretty much garbage for feral/gaurdian :frowning:

Yes, you’re missing the fact that besides mighty bash, we’ll have entangling roots, newly baseline cyclone, newly baseline typhoon, and another CC depending on your chosen affinity: vortex, maim, or disorienting roar. That’s balance, but the other three specs have comparable access to CC.

Aside from stormbolt which will still need to be talented, warrior has intimidating shout on a long cooldown and that’s it.

Compare the druid kit to the warrior kit, not one druid ability to one warrior ability.

Now do it for Guardians and talk about how we benefit from these new baseline abilities oh yeah and they nerfed our baseline disorientate (Roar).

Guardian’s can’t cast Roots in Bear Form (PvP Talent option), we lose access to Typhoon/Vortex combo that we need for M+ in order to kite properly because we do not have a slow. Add that on top that now our Bash and apparently Brambles have been nerfed.

Resto/Balance might not see the big deal but Feral/Guardian are feeling the big deal.

2 Likes