"Michael Bybee: I don't think you all want more support classes." is Wrong, we do wan't more

They continue on to say, “But when we posted the the Priest Hero Spec we got a lot of feedback that it was not what people were looking for.”

This basically misses the point where what players do not want is to FORCE SUPPORT ON EXISTING SPECS. Disc and holy players, who signed up to HEAL, did not ask to be forced into a support/buff role.

It’s about making NEW specs/classes that offer a support playstyle like Augmentation. And we really do need more support options. Aug should not remain the only one. Imagine if you only had one healer or tank option?

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news/the-war-within-creator-summit-group-interview-michael-bybee-and-sean-mccann-338883?webhook

34 Likes

As some random on GD, I definitely speak for every WoW player when I say we do not want more support specs.

45 Likes

with how hated aug is, no, the population doesnt

8 Likes

As an even randomer goat from GD, I also am team no more supports.

3 Likes

Hated by the people that already hate everything? Let’s not take it too serious.

14 Likes

no he’s right we don’t want more support classes

16 Likes

im going off more than just these forums.

1 Like

Support has no place in WoW.

6 Likes

I’d like support classes but I don’t want them basically half baked and dumped onto a class mid expansion.

Story wise it was cool to unlock it in a quest but other than that? Its just kinda meh even though I’ve seen folks do cool things with it.

4 Likes

Bard now please

15 Likes

Pass. Aug is a bad enough stain as it is.

3 Likes

#teamNOsupport

12 Likes

How they managed to get that so wrong is astounding to me.

7 Likes

I’d love more support roles, they just need to be new specs and not shoehorned into existing ones. I personally think they need to make all roles in WoW less homogenized and more specialized. That of course can’t happen because currently things are balanced around everyone having everything.

10 Likes

WoW was made with supports back in classic. Even shamans had support in their class description.

3 Likes

And people complained about it. It’s bad for the game.

4 Likes

kinda bold of you to say this…as you don’t pay for my subscription so you don’t speak for me, they could of added more support classes if they made them work rather than have all their spells and damage depend on the rest of the team like Aug did for a while

2 Likes

People do about everything, yes.

2 Likes

And they slowy removed supports because a lot of players disliked how their solo gameplay work with them being unusable in solo content, how they affect group gameplay and how it’s harder to track their performance . The buffs situation in raid is also pretty bad, I don’t think we need to push for more support spec before this is handled.

I understand a lot of players like supports but also a lot disliked them.

Right now the main homogenization problem might be self-healing being too high for everyone. Wow has a lot of unique class utility but for sure depending of the content you do you might not need all of them and they haven’t really pushed all of them to be equally useful.

6 Likes

Class? No. Another spec? Maybe, but it’s really hard to lock in the balance and value of Augmentation Evoker when general class balance is very skewed to its effectiveness.

1 Like