Metamorphosis compromise!?

They should be enslaveable and used as a cosmetic companion.

There is also something I forgot to mention that they said that Metamorphosis isn’t part of Warlock fantasy on Warcraft.

And don’t get me wrong, I loved to play Demonology that time, as I started to play Warlock on Cataclysm as Demonology and kept playing for a long time, but there is no reason for us to have this ability.

1 Like

Look what Tom Chilton said about Demon Hunters:

It’s at the very begining of the interview, around 0:55.

Thanks for that occult. The Demon Hunter was on their minds and it does make sense given they had Illidan in TBC.

So that furthers my point. It shouldnt have been a Warlock thing.

In all the 8 years I guess I really didnt notice ppl using Meta much but I must have missed it.

Everything you say about the class yes…But Guldan remained Guldan through it all. Was that because he was never deemed worthy enough to actually be turned in to a demon or rather that demons dont want to risk creating something that might have the power to supercede them? Or both? Illidan has infusion of stuff too like the horns…hooves etc…but he isnt a demon. Not quite. Gul dan did transform in the Nighthold raid sure. So did Garrosh…but he isnt a Sha or whatever those things are. Good points made regardless though.

Either way my take on warlock personally is that they dont all want to be a demon as much as use the power sources of demons to further themselves/their agenda. They use demons and their magical sources for their own gain but not to become one themselves. Eyes are probably a byproduct of the infusion of that magic within them, or so goes my perspective. Tyrandes eyes are same way…infused with Elune…but Id wager Elune would never lose 1vs1 as they arent equals and Tyrande isnt what Elune is. Good comparison or not hopefully that comes across well.

The being a demon thing themselves is something that was added and later removed despite how good it might have felt. Apparently Blizzard didnt like it from a class design perspective? Or felt it was better with a demon hunter than a warlock given the whole Illidan thing and its origins. Not sure anyone will ever clarify that officially but its easy to connect the dots to that perspective, rightfully so or not. Nevermind the oddness of going from an entirely ranged caster spec to melee abilities for a short time. Never felt good for me at least. Felt like conflicting design. Though I didnt play every iteration of it.

I dont really see warlocks as using any sort of necromancer category spells. Anything with the undead anyway. That is a Deathknight thing and should probably stay there. I dont know that that is what you mean when you talk about Dread Lich but that’s just my personal take on it.

This thread might not be explicitly about taking the form back but you still see ppl wanting it back so theres that. The argument for not getting it back has been well made at this point as has the argument that it was misplaced to begin with in addition to the aborted class implementation during TBC. etc etc. via the linked video.

The warlock community, or part of it, seems to really want warlocks to be able to turn in to demons even temporarily. That will always partly be tied to Meta…

That said I do agree with you despite it sounding like I dont. I was thinking something Demonic Tyrant like, even if only for one spec not all 3. Except Tyrant looks like it should be melee. It brings up something else for me though.

I was going to start a separate thread for it but…

Id like to see some sort of form in concept similar to the Tyrant in terms of its benefits for the warlock itself. Aesthetics wise I dont know what it could be…but I dont think it should be anything we’ve seen before in game. Something entirely new.

Id also like to see a change with demons across the board though for warlock. Hunters can essentially use whatever they want pet wise. It would probably be hard to justify an IMP take the place of a Voidewalker but Id like to see more flexibility in terms of demon usage. How often are warlocks using a non tank demon, at least in solo open world stuff? Never really because you need someone to get hit in the face for you.

Demons are currently very niche or specific. Most of us dont use succi or hound. Its situational usage really is my issue. Use for this but not that etc. Id like to see the option to use most anything you want…because its what you prefer not whats best for a situation but Im not advocating for the removal of a BiS demon either. Not sure how the change would look.

Go grab a demon from X location in X expansion etc. Im not sure how much variability actually exists in the demon line up but I plan to explore it at some point with my warlock.

Id love to be able to use an infernal or doomguard outside a timer though for example. Variations of them as well.

We do have glyphs yes…and thats nice but if that particular demon doesnt appeal to you then…not much value. Some demons are confined to a spec like the one for affliction and ironically…the Infernal is destruction only. Doomguard isnt worth mentioning really as noone is willing to summon it anyway. But iirc…its destruction only?

What I am hearing from warlocks is that they want something else. They feel that Meta felt really good for their class fantasy. Thats been gone for a while now and some warlocks want that extra thing for their class that they feel is missing. My percpetion of course.

The stuff I mention is what would be an improvement for me personally. Even in the Demonology skill tree you do to a degree have to take the best stuff in the tree right? Not for solo content of course but group content wise.

There is Netherportal right now. Super cool as a concept. Not so cool in terms of restrictions around it. Theres the vile bats or whatever that you can use on a CD also that drop some aoe stuff. Lots of demon stuff and summoning stuff in there but noone takes it because its not well supported or implemented vs say dreadstalkers with more stuff that supports use of them. Feel free to disregard what Im saying from a M+ or raid standpoint as I dont do much of that stuff these days but how often are you seeing these skills used by warlocks all of you play with?

I wish I played while MoP was going on. It sounds like a lot of classes were far better during that expansion.

1 Like

idc what anyone says about the lore or whatever, Meta was and should always have been a warlock ability… We the warlocks that have commanded demons and know everything of their inner workings were able to transform into demons, so why tf if a class is intended to hunt demons would they turn into them??

Thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard in my life.

3 Likes

Sales pitch dude, and so many fell for it…