Metamorphosis compromise!?

Yup… That describes Havoc alright… lol.

except there’d obviously need to be more to the 4th spec than just metamorphosis which would result in talents being taken from the other specs further diluting the class’s identity.

Well the devs did listen, to all the complaining back when meta was around, every vocal player who couldn’t play it whinged, such as is the case now with NP - so they nerfed it then gave it to a new class. Becareful what you wish for.

Same. And to add insult to injury they not too long after said they’d rather warlocks just not play demo. They gutted our pet spec, realized it, but instead of scrambling to fix it they said nah don’t play it. We’ve been getting the real stink eye since xel…

3 Likes

they said they nerfed demo in wod becasue they didnt want people to play it so they wouldnt miss meta in legion. which still boils my blood

3 Likes

Ya I did black rock foundry at demo and had to respec halfway through progression.

1 Like

i stuck with demo anyways cause it was more fun

5 Likes

My main, and still to this day is Demo, I’ll never get rid of my Wrathguard!!, but I truely think with a few changes to Talents we can get a class that can be similar to MoP demo and still keep its uniqueness and individuality from Demonhunters.

1 Like

i mean the only similarity dhs have to the old demo is the metamorphosis. as it is dh meta is just a simple boring cd. so giving it back renamed as " Demonic Empowerment" or " Inner demon" is all that is needed

1 Like

Honestly I never understood why they removed it, outside of the name there’s literally no similarities, Visually & mechanically completely different, literally all they had to do is rename it, “Demonic Embrace/Ascension ”, Demonic Energy fuels your very soul taking the form of a Demon.

I just truely miss metamorphosis, and still to this day think we can get a variation of the ability, taking on inspiration of how Shadow Priests have progressed further in expansion to learning the Void, Demonology can delve into Necromancy example the Lich form I put forward.

Dread Lich form can still play thematically as the old Metamorphosis, but has empowered abilities, still sticking true to is game play.

Shadow Bolt becomes Shadowflame Bolt
Demon Bolt becomes Felfire Bolt
Implosion becomes Demonic Assault
Hand of Gul’dan becomes Chaos Wave

And so forth.

i miss my green demon form

1 Like

Trust me, a lot do

My Warlock exclusively uses the “of the Black Harvest” title which apparently only 1% have got, that will never change and has always been Demonology.

2 Likes

i always use black harvest too. i try to like the new demo but i just cant

2 Likes

Some talent ideas

Level 15 -
Demonic Auras: causes your curses to become an aura lasting the duration of demonform

Nether strike- Shadowbolt becomes Nether strike dealing shadowflame damage and increases demonic fury generation by 5

Demonic Pact- Your summoned demon has a chance to increase your haste by 25% for 5 seconds

Level 25-
Dreadflame - Blast the target with intese flames dealing X damage generates 50 demonic fury- 2 charges 15 second cd

Felflame- generates demonic fury extends corruption by 6 seconds

Demonic servitude- Your summon demon always summons a weaker version of your imp

Level 30-Current level 30 talents would be the same

level 35-
Carrion Swarm- deals shadow damage and knocks enemies in front of you backwards, causes debuff that increases demonic fury generation by 1 per a target hit for 30 seconds activates demonform 1 min cd

Infernal soul - Hellfire can now be targeted generates 3 more Demonic fury per a target hit

Dark fissure- Causes shadow damage under your target in a 15yd radius generates 2 demonic fury per a target for 5 seconds 20 sec cd

level 40- left the same as other specs

level 45-

Grimoire of Supremacy- demons deal 20% more damage and generate 5 more fury per a hit

Grimoire of Service- Summons a demon to fight for you for 20 seconds generating 10 demonic fury per a hit (maybe a shivara or felbat)

Grimoire of Sacrifice- You sacrifice your summoned demon gaining its ability, increases your damge byX% and increasing Demonic Fury generation of Shadowbolt and your imps by 5

Level 50 -
Felseeker- blast your target with fel energy costs 100 demonic fury, applies felblaze stacking up to 5 times increase damage of felseeker by 15% per a stack

Dark soul: Knowledge - increases haste and mastery by 15%

Empowerment- Touch of chaos becomes Unbound chaos . Unbound chaos now generates 40 demonic fury. damage is reduced by 40%

Just some ideas tuning would need done but this assumes the general mechanics of Mists lock came back

3 Likes

Talents are great!, I just hopefully one day Blizzard realises that theirs room for Metamorphosis back again for Demo.

Be it a talent choice, or going back to its roots and amazing gameplay from MoP. I personally feel there is definitely a way to give it back in some way or another, that’s why I pushed the Dread Lich form and since we are in Shadowlands it’s not too crazy of an idea.

It’s the Visuals and aesthetics I loved, building up Demonic energy, slowly growing horns and the play style to this day was my favourite iteration of Demonology. I’d just love to get that play style back, even if it’s a talent choice.

1 Like

Yes thank you. Glad I finally saw someone say that. The debate was over before it began!

Warlocks shouldnt ever have received it.

Just leaves the door open for something cooler for the right person to come up with.

1 Like

The debate was over before it began??

Here in WoW we had it, you stole it - simple.

The debate rages on and will till Demonology Warlocks get appropriate reparation.

1 Like

Doesnt Illidan use it in BC in the raid?

We definitely were.

1 Like

The reason they remove it is because they were going to add Demon Hunter class (as a Hero class) on The Burning Crusade, so they made models (Meta form) for it, made spells (melee spells) like Chaos Touch, also they added Warglaves (there is some models made on TBC, but it’s not game playable), but they didn’t find any context do put DH in game. So they put Metamorphosis on Wrath of the Lich King to Warlocks to made us to use it and see if we would enjoyed it, yes, it was an experiment, as they were in plans to add DH in game in a future expansion. Then the Legion came to the game and they finally found a context to add DH and on Warlords of Draenor they nerfed to make us to forget about it and use other specs, like a farewell to Metamorphosis for Warlocks.