Merging factions for PVP: Discuss

IMO the faction swap in the raid has more to do with settling disputes over racials than lore.

Youā€™d have to elaborate on how this would fix balance.

Youā€™re an RPā€™er. You know why.

A better solution is to do what SWTOR does and have faction vs faction BGs. But donā€™t mix us in with the enemy. Last thing I want to do is heal an Alliance player while he is taking out one of my Horde brethren.

3 Likes

No thank you. This expansion is kind of a wet turd, but at least the theme has something going for it. All sense of what Warcraft is will be lost if factions truly become meaningless.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that Alliance would wait longer. 20-30 people is all it takes for a regular BG. I donā€™t think there would be an increase for epic BGs either.

What immersion? You can use many items to change your appearance (even to another raceā€¦ even races not not normally playable). Your items can be transmogrified. You play with people youā€™ve never met. You play with people from other servers. You play with people from other countries. You play with people who donā€™t even speak your language.

How would this disincentive people from playing as Alliance? As a follow-up, if players were disincentive from play as Alliance, wouldnā€™t that result in more faction transfers???

Edit: I forgot to mention - mercenary mode. I mean, at least for Alliance, we literally have Horde players playing with us now.

I think the reason some (mostly Horde) are opposed to the idea is that you want to have a higher likelihood of winning from the higher amount of skilled or experienced players that are Horde. The reason for this disparity, real or not, is because of a racial ability disparity existing for multiple expansions, in the Hordeā€™s favor, that resulted in more competitive players transferring to the Hordeā€¦ causing more players to transfer the Horde side for a higher number of people to play with, etc.

The snowball effect, unless they find a way to reverse it and reach near parity for both factions, will reach critical mass at some point and they will be forced to mix players (mandatory versus optional used currently). If youā€™re confident in your skill, make it a mixed system. Youā€™re still going to be skilled, but you might face other skilled players more frequently. If they would disable racial abilities, or make them flavor only (like moonlight for shadows for NE or a golden aura for BE in the sun), we would see skill really come into play. At least for random BGs, people would no longer feel hindered by faction or race. It might bring to further light class balance disparities, though.

1 Like

if we can kill our own faction in arenas and rated battlegrounds i want to be able to team up with the opposing faction as well.

1 Like

Well for one, there would be no reason to have 2healers one side vs 1 on the other. Two, premades of appropriate size could be matched against each other. Three, they could add a soft mmr (not as strict as rated ofc otherwise they would be rated Bgs)

1 Like

there is absolutely no downside.

1 Like

Itā€™s a no from meā€¦ Get rid of mercing too please. Horde is horde, Alliance is alliance. If 78% of pvpers are horde, they have long queues then they have to suck it up.
Blizzard needs to repair the endless, innuendo of preference for horde as a factionā€¦ It will take a while to repair the ā€œYouā€™re welcome Allianceā€ kick between the legs.

if faction actually mattered to people they wouldnā€™t faction xfer over petty reasons like racials or WM bonus.

1 Like

Letā€™s not forget about faction changing for the 400 ILV gear!

Yeah, I am an rper, I know whyā€¦Hence why I disagree with it, at the end of the day, your efforts and decisions will not effect the story. Sure, I can leap over and toss 40 players at sylvanas all day and get some bears out of the deal. But does sylvanas actually die? Nope, sheā€™s still just sitting thereā€¦Hanging out.

And what of the siege of Dazarā€™alor? We are seriously murdering people on both sides, so there isnā€™t an excuse that it ā€œCanā€™t work.ā€ it can certainly work. Just have alli players turn into horde races and vice versa and you got yourselfā€¦

Faster que times

BGā€™s with less steriotypes Who knows, maybe weā€™ll blame the class.

And much more out of the deal.

The only reason people donā€™t want to do it cause immersion, well frankly I say to hell with that for BGā€™s.

Want to settle things alliance VS horde? Warmode it up then!

iā€™d unsub, IMO the faction change aspect in the new raid is highly irritating, the character change aspect of the current merc mode is already a dealbreaker for me. my character is MY character, and not something that can just be swapped in like swapping toons on a MOBA.

if they are to allow cross faction mixing in bgs, then they need to leave the toons alone and mix them as they are. let players of both factions on the same team talk with each other but not the other team.

from what iā€™ve seen so far, thereā€™s ā€œI do not want this because it does not represent who I am.ā€ In PVP/Raids, perhaps it could use some more explanation, but in my eyes, it does not matter.

Because if you can improve game play performance at the sacrifice of some uniqueness, I would gladly accept this.

Now I know this may seem harsh, but character identity is little to gone now.

Youā€™re champion of the horde? So am I, hell iā€™m champion of both horde and alliance.

Did you tell on Saurfang to Sylvanas? Well I sided with sylvanas, making that decision voided.

iā€™m used to my toon feeling the way it does, everything from animations to sounds to visual look. when itā€™s off, itā€™s off, and i donā€™t like it.

oddly enough mine is the opposite, my DK has more character identity and feel than any of my other toons, which is probably why i only play my DK. i also donā€™t consider my DK a champion of the horde, the horde may consider my character that, however my character is Ebon Blade and was a volunteer, since legion i consider to be more aligned with the scourge than any faction. i have no problem fighting for alliance in pvp as the Ebon Blade is friendly with both factions, but only as an undead blood elf.

i sided with Sylvanas, IMO her head needs to be placed on a pike in Acherus for Koltira, however given that her current actions are generally beneficial for all undead i support her in this confilct, at least until told otherwise by Bolvar.

You missed the point, the sum of what I said was the bitter irony of the situation. The cause and effect will not change no matter what your actions are in BFA, we will all come to the same conclusion and that is that.

And, to hit the nail home, this is what you see and believe, that is fineā€¦But upon entering a BG, no one is going to say. ā€œHey itā€™s that Volunteer Ebon Blade.ā€ They will see you as a player, not Inemia, a player.

but im not the only one who feels this way, to a lot of players their toon is theirs, its customized and feels exactly how they want it. when you go messing with that you tend to upset those people. putting in a system that involuntarily changes your toon is tolerable for a dungeon that is only relevant for a patch. putting it in a raid is pushing it. but a full time system in bgs where you have random chance of your highy personalized toon being f*****d with against your choice would only drive people away.

mixing the players as they are would mean you would break lore and have a human on the same team as an orc, but the reality is PVP is really just red vs blue and the benefits of mixing the factions randomly are good. mixing the characters without changing anything also mixes up the racials between both sides, which would also put an end to debates about whose racials are better.

thats not even true now. :dizzy_face::face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

I donā€™t understand. At least for me, I didnā€™t suggest changing the characters. Youā€™d still be your BE DK fighting next to a Gnome Rogue on the same sideā€¦

The one about mog is speaking to me.

If you canā€™t be bother to mog, then you are likely to be happy with any gear blizz throws at you and be an unpaid shill.

Mogs are a generational issue, like tattoos and skinny leg jeans. I prefer scars and 501s.

Hate to break this bad news to you but you already heal Alliance players.

Alts exist.