Merge LOW pop servers!

I don’t know what’s going on in Arcanite Reaper, but don’t touch Deviate Delight. We like our small community and don’t want to be forcibly merged with another server.

1 Like

It looks like there are logs for 463 Horde raiders during the peak (Horde side) for Arcanite Reaper, which was the 2 week period starting Dec. 30th, 2019. Contrast that with 287 (Horde side) for the current 2 week period, starting Mar. 2nd, 2020.

It also appears that the current period has the highest number of Alliance side logs (i.e. the servers’ peak for Alliance), at 863 unique player raid logs.

I suppose my math is off here, as 287 unique character raid logs would only be roughly 8 raid teams consisting of roughly 35 members each.

A round of applause for the Spokesperson for Deviate Delight, everyone.

Talk to just about anyone on the server and they’ll express a similar opinion. Of course there are a few outliers, but the overwhelming majority of the population would agree with me.

I’m sure if I went and asked the Horde on your server, I’d be hearing a different tune.

I did just that the other day…I was actually surprised by the response I got

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/what-is-going-on-with-the-horde/467240/6

5:00 P.M. on a Sunday and there’s 411 Horde online. That’s actually more than I thought there would be.

[1] There is no accurate public data (available to players) about server populations.

[2] There are dozens of reasons why ONE PLAYER has diffculaty finding dungeons. Server population is only one reason.

[3] What about the other faction? Is it low-pop too?

[4] Does everyone agree? What about players who WANT low-pop servers?

In total, this is clearly ONE player’s problem, not a whole server’s problem. Blizzard should not force EVERY player to change.

2 Likes

False.

Difficulty* and server population is the prime reason.

Horde is even lower population than Alliance on Arcanite Reaper.

Obviously not.

They should play another game. This is an MMORPG, there shouldn’t be low-pop servers.

I left AR, you should too.

1 Like

Anybody remember when we had to have different layers in a server because the pop was so high? Good times.
I think the merge will also have to put different countries servers together as well. Make it world wide.

Oh that would end very well, latencies would be wonderful

Just suck it up and lvl up a toon on a different realm. We don’t need servers to be merged, classic is already ruined enough because of people whining and crying about things. Before we know it classic is going to turn into BFA but with a 60 lvl cap.

I feel like the only servers that will survive in the end are Whitemane, Herod, Incindious and that other server that all the streamer money-hungry parasites play on along with their mindless attention-craving ‘notice me!’ herds of cattle. People will migrate towards the most populated servers when they feel like their own server is dead. Most of the classic playerbase that will be left will be the hardcore players that once played on private servers and enjoy that version of the game.

Something needs to be done and it needs to be done soon. Yes, there are people transferring off… now be smart and think about this blizzzard. Every dollar you make off a short term transfer fee is for one month. You kill these low pop servers and that is FAR more money from people who would have paid a monthly fee for months to come and many of them are fed up and just quitting wow.

You need to do something about this. When you have 5 servers with the server population of ONE server… there is a a big problem. Check ironforge data and see for yourself. Many of us are not going to reward you for poor control of the server pops. That’s like paying someone for doing something wrong. I can and will not put 75 dollars in your pocket just to play the game. Next move is yours or I’m close to done with this.

Blizz doesn’t like to merge servers. We’ll probably get some sort of sharding situation.

The problem is raiding guilds do not have enough people to fill the rosters… that isn’t something that can be fixed by sharding.

Looks like recruitng transfers or rerolls will be your only viable option.

Finding another game is a viable option too.

Yep.

Follow your bliss.