Merge BE/VE Non-Tentacle Hairstyles?

Or just give void elves their own hairstyles. Just better ones. Because the boys have very few good ones.

I think it was in that big void elf customisation megathread, someone had done a mock up of their hairstyles with braids in place of the tentacles. That would be a pretty rad option.

10 Likes

Unpopular opinion time again. I have many blood elves. They are the main race I play on horde with just a few trolls for spice. I don’t have nearly as many void elves, mainly because they only have a single hair style I like.

Truth: HUMANS have some of the BE hair styles I want, and they look terribad on them to boot because head shape or something. So don’t come crying that blood elves will have an identity crisis if another race gets their hair. That ship has already sailed, just no one notices because, like I said, most of their hair looks horrible on a human.
Most human hair looks horrible on an elf to be fair, it’s worth saying I guess. The two models are not very compatible it seems, but the intention has already happened, races share those hair styles.

Truth: I would be far more likely (still probably not but whatevs more likely) to play a void elf if I could make them look as good as a blood elf.

Also, we’re talking about hair here people. If it was something that really mattered (nothing matters that I can come up with, point proven I guess) I might get on board, and don’t get me started how “void elves” is rather much a corner painting appellation. Their name and the two lines that count as their “lore” are the real mistake here, let’s not have them pay for it eternally.

As someone who enjoys blood elves (and is hence immune to being told to play one, cause guess what I already do! Several! They are my horde “mains” you might say!) but would like to enjoy the VE that I ground argussian rep for more than currently allowed, I say let them have the hair.

There’s one short hair style that all my BE use, and there’s one long hair style that all my VE use (or used to use, I deleted several of them awhile back, all but my shadow priest). To make things fair how about BE get that long hair style (detailed in the thread above, the very one) and VE get some short cuts that aren’t all boofy.

That way you can go thalassian based on whether you want to be alliance or horde. BE never made that much sense as horde and I boldly remember being called a traitor to the true horde for playing one. Now that VE are a thing people be all like “don’t takes aways from horde players?” Gimme a break. You never wanted us years ago, but now you choose to get protective? Just, walk away or something.

Unpopular opinion again: I believe that the races should be merged and become neutral. As should all races. I don’t care for the alliance-horde pissing contest, never have, and just some rep work or a quest line to join the other faction would suit me right down to the ground.

Don’t flame me, I won’t respond if you do. I have a right to my opinion, same as YOU.

5 Likes

Exactly.

As a Void Elf Player, I’m fed up with Barbie and Ken customizations. We are Void Elves.

7 Likes

2 Likes

What? Blood and High Elves are Barbies and Kens.

We have enough of those already. Don’t make me Mind Blast you. :point_right:

1 Like

As a fan of the void elf, I have like 4 of them . . . I’m gonna say no to this.

Void Elves and Blood Elves need to be made more distinct not less, and Void Elves need to stop stealing Blood Elf customizations.

9 Likes

hehe. behave indra.

2 Likes

No.

Stop trying to steal stuff from each other. Leave Velfs alone for once and let them have something of their own.

5 Likes

I see no reason not to. There’s no fundamental difference to any race’s hair that would prevent any race from having the hairstyle of another race.

If we want to do some limiting, I’d say give Void Elves the hairstyles used by High Elf NPCs (meaning, none of the new Blood Elf hairstyles), and give the Blood Elves access to all Void Elf hairstyles sans the tentacles, while adding some new Void Elf hairstyles that are pure void themed (like, no hair, all tentacle).

3 Likes

How about we focus on the other non-elven races for a change. Give them some love and attention.

1 Like

we have the same hairstyles we started with back in legion. i think its like 8 hairstyles for females. on last count, belfs have like 20 lol you ALSO can play dhs, velfs cant, and paladins, velfs cant. we have the same race restrictions (no shaman or druid) as belfs, plus two more restrictions. we have no jewelry or tats or hair decorations. we’re kinda boring atm.

4 Likes

Let’s be real, VE just want more High Elf elements, there’s even a thread about removing the particle effect of their void racial, you’re a void elf and I can’t see any void elf element beside the hair on your portrait…

2 Likes

And I’ve seen plenty of Blood Elves talking about some of the Void Elf hairstyles or facial hair options as something they’d like as well.

Also, speaking for myself, I am entirely in favor of an optional toggle for Entropic Embrace. If Void Elves are supposed to be the way Alliance players get to enjoy the High Elf fantasy, then Blizzard needs to go all in on that. Thankfully it doesn’t mean taking anything away from Void Elves in the process, despite some people claiming that.

I’ve got blue hair, despite the new High Elf hair colors. It wasn’t taken away. If someone wants to make a Void Elf and look like one, all the options are there. Blizzard didn’t even devote resources to making new assets for the High Elf customizations, so one can’t even argue they’ve detracted from new Void Elf assets.

The only downside to making it as easy as possible for an Alliance player to immerse themselves as a High Elf, is denying other players the satisfaction of having any kind of control over another person’s character or their narrative for said character.

4 Likes

i want me some braids. and a hair bun would be cool. 2 hair buns even better.
like this

look, the buns are tied by tentacles lol whoever did this, bravo.

4 Likes

Sounds like a good idea to me. Belf-graphics look pretty bad nowadays, I wouldn’t mind spicing things bit up for the Blood Elf-players.

2 Likes

I would love the Velf hairstyles on my Belves. Especially unleashed.

Far as belf hairstyles to velves I’m more ambivalent.

They’re lower quality than velf hairstyles so I’d want to see belf hairstyles textures updated (honestly I think blizzard should have made everyone’s textures up to the same standards while they were expanding customizations but here we are.) whether or not they’re shared though.

Honestly rather like that idea these days. Fixes a lot of issues for me personally if done right.

1 Like

I have been advocating for this from the very beginning. It would solve a lot of issues, even future “allied races”. Have some mandatory racials and switch it up by chosen subrace.

2 Likes

True, but I’d take some lower quality hairstyles that look decent over higher quality hairstyles that don’t look great. The real issue comes with Void Elf male hairstyles, which are pretty awful all around, especially for anyone looking to play a High Elf. There are no decent long hairstyles, and the only one was made with tentacles in mind, and their absence, while an improvement, does leave certain glaring issues.

2 Likes

Let’s just say that the edginess is bit onto the nose, even for a “Void”-based race.

2 Likes

OK.

If you haven’t already, you should check Brae’s version of it. Done right and with few customization restrictions it could be very good compared to previous versions. Also allows for options for each race s subrace if blizzard really built it out.

This is not an issue for me personally.

Though I do want more hairstyles along these lines for void elves, the current ones don’t cause me any problems. Not to say I don’t understand others issues with them.

I’d also still like that tentacle toggle finished…

9 Likes