is there a memory leak on PC? i saw there was one on mac but the longer i play my fps drops more and more and i am not on mac. is this an issue on windows pc’s also?
Certainly seems like it, it was taking 10 gigs of memory for me lol.
Yes, I’ve noticed this too, and I’m not on Mac. I run it on Linux (Nobara), so it doesn’t seem to be OS-specific. My FPS gradually drops the longer I stay logged in, and it gets noticeably worse when I’m getting layered. Each hop seems to speed it up. A relog or full restart brings performance back to normal, which is what you’d expect from a memory leak…
yeah mine goes back to normal after i close and reopen. but when you add to that none of my addons save their settings after i close the game this has gotten really annoying.
I’m running Bazzite Linux and I’m having the same issues as others have listed above - gradually worse FPS as time goes on. Relogging seems to be the only solution right now. I’ve reported it to Blizard so they’re aware, as there’s no doubt that it’s happening to some Windows users too.
Can confirm here, turned all settings down to “good” or less. Game launches and runs at 6GB VRAM until you enter a city, the it jumps to 14GB and up to 16GB, dropping fps from 144 solid to the 30’s. Exiting and relaunching fixes it unless you do it in a city, then it just launches and will use up all the VRAM within 2 minutes. Outside the city it launches around 6 and only goes up to around 7 to 7.2GB after 30 minutes or so, with stable 144 fps.
Yep. I exit game & restart does the trick. I’ll do that once an hour or two. No issues. I’m running on highest settings.
Think my brain is also developing a memory leak. I have no fix for that!
I’ve been getting past the leak by just logging out to character select and back in. no need to close game entirely. still annoying regardless but at least it’s not rebooting it completely
Them not addressing this is keeping me from launching the game. I’ve already dealt with one crash from spillover write. I’m not risking my computer for this.
It’s related to the new transmog system, which is why they won’t address it. As the easiest fix is to admit they need to disable it until they can fix the memory leak.
What’s happening is it has to load every player in your area’s gear. Fine. Except in big hub areas that’s literally 75% or more of all players, due to sitting in capitals or Crossroads etc.
Included is that the new transmog makes the game also load potential sets for EVERY type of armor that character can equip. So a 40 Paladin or Warrior could potentially make your VRAM load 5 sets of gear.
And the issue? It’s not clearing any of this information from VRAM as you move away, because you don’t actually move away, since you’re capped at level 20 and just can’t spread out far enough.
Just turn transmog off until you can code it to work well.