Memory Leak related freeze+crash?

I don’t see any reason to think that is causing you a problem, while the app has crashed, it is not listed under your bluescreen crashes. You can probably remove it by uninstalling the amd software other than the driver, and if necessary running DDU and reinstalling the driver only.

That app crashing caused Kernel Panic. But, I would DDU first, then go from there.

It happened again today. :frowning:

Didn’t force me to restart the game, but went back to it after the black screen.

SFC /Scannow didn’t throw any errors. I’ve already run DDU from Safe Mode, but I guess I can do it one more time, just in case. A full PC format is also on the table, I guess.

Did you disable atieclxx.exe?

I disabled ‘ATI External Event Utility for Windows’ via msconfig yesterday, as seen here:

imgur. com/17X2z18

Now, I just disabled the .exe via regedit as seen here:
(not sure about this method, but I thought I might give it a go)

imgur. com/mF2oOhG

Ok, lets see by you disabling the exe will resolve your issue.

I am pretty sure this is related to the ongoing memory leak issues, i men, there are hundreds of posts on both US, EU and even BR forums about those, and people are reporting RAM usage of upwards 16GB, i myself have seen wow using 12GB on my machine. And not even in it’s wildest dreams could the wow client ( even with dx12 ) use that much ram effectively.

1 Like

uh, no. and i don’t see hundreds of posts about memory leaks on these forums. in fact i don’t actually see any posts about memory leaks except this one, which is pretty likely a bad video card or related hardware.

Here, from EU forums. It’s nothing much, just the most viewed topic from tech support. https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/83-memory-leaks/119266/327

Here, one of the ones from US forums that got a blue to answer: Wow memery leak

Since you are either blind or lazy, i did a quick search for you, i’ve counted around 8 recent topics on US forum and 6 on EU forum, there are some on the BR forum as well, but for communication barriers let’s not mention those.

The US thread linked there was closed over 3 months ago and the blue specifically says that there is no single memory leak issue but a bunch of people posting random issues and they should seek out help individually. Sorry for being too lazy to think that a thread that’s been closed for 3 months is not relevant to anything. The EU thread also does not acknowledge a memory leak issue.

As well, the vast majority of posters in there sound like their issue is with their NVIDIA card crashing, which is a blizzard issue, but is not related to a memory leak. And likewise, it does not cause bluescreen crashes as OP is experiencing and is clearly not related to this thread.

The thread is so closed i just posted there. ROFL. Also, just a heads up, i’m a programmer and i currently work in the gaming industry, so it is with knowledge that i say it is a memory leak. It is not one that is affecting everyone though, i have seen similar cases before, but i’m not getting paid to solve it, so… Yeah.

Sorry, what thread then. You linked the same EU thread twice. Within that thread the OP links a US thread that is closed.

My bad on that, just edited the post.

We’ve now established 1 person since january 29 who is complaining of it. Plus you. There is definitely an NVIDIA card issue, possibly that is related to a memory leak. But OP is using an rx570. I think distracting from OP’s troubleshooting in this thread further is not warranted, If you yourself are having an issue I would open up your own thread and post a dxdiag and what you’re experiencing or post in a related containment thread.

First point: The issues related by OP are case and point the ones related by people having memory leaks.

Second point: Erm… Post a dxdiag?. As i said before, i’m a programmer and i work in the game industry. I mainly game on a Linux base based machine, from wich i VM emulate windows 10 and grant said VM priority access to my GPU in order to make gaming possible. ( Which actually has a better performance than a main windows 10 based system, since that bloatware of an OS doesn’t have full access to the machine. ). I also ran test in some of my work machines, all with very similar results that also indicate memory leaks. Now, why would i send a dxdiag? And by the way, those are almost 100% useless to diagnose technical issues, just an FYI.

It happened again today.

Screen freezed for about 3 seconds (Spotify keeps playing on the background). Then cut to no signal, then back to the game running just fine.

Here’s an updated DxDiag text file:

https:// drive.google. com/open?id=1JW7LJ0Myvvy7rsx7EdUx0726D1trd22n

I guess I should just take my computer to the local tech shop, but I’m not sure they’re opening due to the well known public health issues.

edit:

One more detail I forgot to mention… if I put the WoW .exe without Windows 7 compatibility on, this would most likely have ended on a Error #132. No Error #132 with the Win7 compatibility on.

And this started happening after one of the Windows 10 updates during earlier this year’s new wave of updates.

I hesitate to be the one to tell you to spend money having a tech check it out. It’s certainly possible I’m wrong and there is an issue with the game or other fixable software problem. If you had an nvidia card we could be thinking it was game related. But given what I know, I am suspicious that there is a problem with your card. You might also submit a ticket to have a real gm check it out and see if they have any advice.

1 Like

got rid of leak but now crashing . rolling back drivers not good

I mean, I would’ve gone to the technician right off the bat, it’s no biggie since I can work with my laptop.

I chose to make a thread here because I’m playing a couple of other games (FF XV and MHW) and this only happens with WoW (Classic WoW).

OP here, quick update on the matter.

I once again run DDU on the drivers I had installed (latest Adrenalin release) and now I’m running the automatic Windows 10 drivers update (which is listed as 26.20.12028.2 - 8/16/2019). No Radeon Settings or AMD website releases.

This seems to have fixed the issue.

Apparently there’s something going on between the new Adrenalin AMD 2020 drivers app and Windows 10 (and/or WoW too) which may cause black screens in some machines.
Even official AMD posts seem to point to this being the case including the latest realease.

In any case, I really appreciate those who spent time trying to help me before.

1 Like