Melee Survival

I’m happy with survival as well. I wish more people would give it a try. It’s superbly fun and in-depth. The gameplay is very rewarding when played right. Too many hunters are sleeping on this spec.

It’s quite strong both casually and competitively! The only thing I would add to the spec is a slight focus pool increase. But that’s not even necessary. Pet defensives in pvp do need to be buffed just slightly.

3 Likes

That’s missing the forest for the trees and we’ve been saying this forever. People don’t understand what was really at stake. MeleeCraft? HELLOOOOO???!!! EVERYTHING’S GOT TO BE MELEE!!! THAT’S WHAT PEOPLE WANT!

I was even hoping in a new hero class that’s exclusively RANGED just to even try and even the odds. So far that’s not quite a thing yet, though maybe. Melee vs. ranged has been a nasty conflict spanning for eons beyond remembrance, and Hunters were the kiting kings once. Kiting isn’t even a thing anymore.

We’ve overindulged melee at this point, and they’re still not happy. It was never worth the effort beyond what is fair.

1 Like

What do mean by “…missing the forest of the tress…”? There’s plenty of ranged classes/specs at the moment. Its just that the meta is heavy favoring meta due to plate classes having high burst right and instant burst being so prevalent.

I know ranged usually shine RBGs and in arenas during slower metas where there’s room to breathe.

Oh, we’re sorry your favorite ice cream or coffee flavor was discontinued, but we have plenty of other choices!

That’s not going to fly with just everyone. That might not even fly with most. But that’s not even the point about what else is there, is that we have far LESS of it than the beginning.

I just said what it was in a portmanteau. Gotta feed the melee monkey man.

2 Likes

I wonder how long it’ll take before Darth gets a forum suspension for some of the things he’s saying.

Such as: Melee Survival - #9 by Darthstinky-kelthuzad

So…This person makes a thread saying SV is great. The regular “I hate MSV it sucks crew” pored into the thread going with the now going on 7 years arguments of how much of a failure MSV is and how great RSV was.

As soon as anyone disagrees then that person cannot play the game, only has done this content, or do not know what there talking about. If the person actually ahs done all the content, has a high rating, then they paid to play to get it.

I been reading these and its a reason I have stayed out mostly. It just seems Darkstinky has a rebuttal for all of the crew’s statements and says it quite the way lol.

Again, MSV is not a failure, its fun to play, and it makes no difference if it has a lower base than other specs. The people WHO do play it it doing fine with it. Sure RSV left, 6 YEARS AGO, and that did leave people in the lurch who played it. There is a classic server running right now where you can relive RSV in all its glory.

Now will Blizz make a 4th spec ? who knows. But as I have always said, unless its the meta, the majority of players will not play that spec as well. RSV or not. Its just how WoW is played.

Please continue on though. I’m going back to enjoying playing the game instead of whining about it every time a SV thread pop up.

1 Like

This is an obvious troll post that should be banned; to include the OP’s posting priv.

I did enjoy the comment about MSV and negativity on the community though. As if hunters and this forum haven’t been the literal definition of toxic either side of the coin.

Let these threads die and stop responding. Need some mods in this forum lately.

Don’t even bite its just a troll post. They know who will respond and that all they want.

We all know, Its that other spec called Marksmen. Glad you got the memo finally after all these years man. Progress is good.

“I dont agree with it so it doesnt need to exist” I forget, are we on the WoW forums or is this Twitter?

1 Like

So like, pretty much every class or?

:laughing: Yes, every Class, and every life! Nothing is guaranteed, but lets be happy anyway, by remembering good times past, and being hopeful for more good times to come.

Not sure where you are going with this. It has nothing to do with agree or disagree. Cool story though

RSV was an awesome spec. Don’t care for MSV. Blizzards love child. Hopefully they continue the good will trip and bring back RSV.

5 Likes

in game, press N and switch to MM.

1 Like

MM doesn’t play like RSV did. Not even close. So…not interested.

But hey, if you feel that is the case, then don’t hesitate to explain why that is. Please explain how current MM plays like old RSV did.

4 Likes

He already explained in a video a couple years ago how they were not the same thing so I guess we need to wait for the explanation video of the new Metroid.

3 Likes

Ah yes OP was just making a constructive and positive SV thread without any antagonism such as

Do SV Hunters think their spec is entitled to unconditional praise and total shielding from criticism or what?

What, bleating out “cry is free” is a compelling counterargument in your view?

Well this is a pointless statement, isn’t it? If literally 1 person were playing SV and they really enjoyed it while everyone else avoided it should we turn around and say “100% of people playing the spec enjoy it so it must be a success!!”? Whether or not the people playing the spec are enjoying it is not of concern here. The assumption is that they must be enjoying it to some degree if they’re playing it. The whole point of the discussion is that very few people are playing it and in turn enjoying it. That’s particularly problematic given it used to be a spec that a lot of people enjoyed; a critical piece of contextual information that melee Survival players like to minimise or ignore entirely.

No, you can’t, because SV came into its own in WotLK onwards. In any case modern WoW should strive to be better and more improved than Classic. The existence of Classic is not an excuse to do stupid changes in modern WoW and say "oh well play the old version if it turns

Ranged SV didn’t need to be the best spec ever to be popular. There were times when it had tuning similar to Survival now (e.g. Siege of Orgrimmar) and in those times it was very popular. Performance is not the only factor here. It’s arguably not even the major factor.

5 Likes

Ironic, since instead of just ignoring it and moving on with your day, you chose to start a fight. Had you and the same handful of posters who feel the need to defend RSV not continued this tired drivel, the post would have died within an hour.

The greatest part about the hunter forums and posters like yourself are that you’re woefully oblivious to your own hypocrisy.

Wonder why you went and edited out the first post before asking for proof of your hypocrisy. I could fine more, but what’s the point. It’s rather obvious for anyone who’s been here the last six years. You do this every few months or so.

3 Likes

No one is starting a fight with anyone. A fight is being continued , and one of the weapons being deployed is sarcasm.
They want their spec back. At bottom, that is the point of maybe all their posts.
I have noticed some bitterness , no drivel.
Drivel is from posts claiming MM is the same as RSV.

2 Likes