Medivh after return to Karazahn

I know legion was awhile ago but I’m curious what is Medivh’s path now? Will he become relevant in shadowlands or will he do what he has always done and be vague about the threat he wishes to stop? Return to Karazahn has us see the guardian once more in our hour of need against the legion but he ends up going elsewhere to do who knows what.

No, he even said that Khadgar is the Guardian of Azeroth now.

That Khadgar doesn’t want the power of the Council is another issue.

I’m merely referring to medivh by the title the question still stands about what he’s up to

Nothing. He died in the First War, and came back as a ghost in Reign of Chaos to atone for his sins in life. He’s done.

Not according to return to Karazahn

Epilogue

Archmage Khadgar says: The demons have been purged from Karazhan! Thank you, champions. Medivh, you would be a welcome ally in our war against the Legion.

Medivh says: My path leads… elsewhere. Besides, Azeroth has found her Guardian in you, Young Trust.

That’s so wrong, lmao.

Aegwynn resurrected him

There was only one person he could reach on Azeroth, his mother Aegwynn. She had a strange dream, where she saw Medivh dressed in a cloak lined with raven feathers, telling her that he had a message for the world, and pleading her to help bring him back to Azeroth. Though initially suspicious, Aegwynn did feel Medivh’s soul drifting beyond the veil of reality, and she also sensed that it was free of Sargeras’ touch.

Aegwynn spent years building up the power to bring him back to life and she was successful. She revived him by summoning him to Azeroth.

As I recall, Medivh had stripped her of all her magic save her immortality spell. And she burned that to aid Jaina leaving her with no magic left.

/shrug

It’s in the lore she resurrected him, so take it with Blizzard.