Mechagnomes

I’ve completed the requirements for unlocking mechagnomes on my horde paladin, but the npc is not showing up in stormwind to start the quest

What does the emisarry in sw say.

started the quest for dark irons and im working on that but nothing once I had started it

Has the Alliance character unlocked the Mechagon Island intro? This link might help explain:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/clarifying-the-process-for-unlocking-mechagnomes/410713

If you’re in the middle of unlocking another allied race, be sure to complete that one first too.

2 Likes

yeah the gila crosswire npc isn’t in the embassy
figure id try and complete the dark iron rq to see if that fixes it

Yeah finish the dark iron unlock then mechagnomes should be available.

2 Likes

No luck, unlocked dark irons, without the requirements met actually, but no mechagnomes

Try checking for Kelsey Steelspark in Boralus harbor (She should be around the fountain area). Unless it was changed in Shadowlands, she is who actually gives you the first quest in the unlock scenario assuming you’ve met all other requirements for unlocking them.

their post specifies that you should be able to find them at the dock either way

I agree with Darth above, I don’t think you can start a recruitment chain while in the middle of another one.

I completed the dark iron and have unlocked them, the mechagnome quest still wont start

Your Horde Paladin is currently Friendly with the Rustbolt Resistance and doesn’t appear to have earned the Rustbolt Rebellion achievement.

This is one of the requirements as mentioned by the post that Perl quoted above.

More information can be found here:

2 Likes

the rustbolt rebellion requirement was dropped at some point as the flag in the alliance embassy no longer lists it as a requirement

You know what… you’re right. My brain is still on weekend and I completely forgot that rep requirements were removed with Shadowlands.

Let me see if I can find anything else out!

2 Likes

no problem, I appreciate your taking the time to help!
any assistance is great appreciated

As I mentioned earlier, has your Alliance character unlocked Mechagon Island? That’s still required.

1 Like

just did, going to test now

1 Like

This is what I was digging into and does seem to be what is likely causing the hang-up

:+1:

2 Likes

sweet then I’ll update here as im about to complete that

well Island unlocked but no mechagnomes still, hmmm