Mechagnomes Unlock Quest Missing

I completed the achievements as horde needed for Mechagnomes but when working to unlock all the allied races on my alliance toon I cant seem to get the quest for Mechagnomes to show up. Just finished the Dark Iron Dwarves and when im at the embassy and looking at Mechagnomes it says i completed everything required, but still no quest.

What else is missing?

You will need to fully unlock Mechagon island on your Alliance character, up to the point of opening dailies.

I did all of the requirements during BFA on this Horde character. I then went on my Alliance Hunter and opened up the island.

1 Like

yeah, thats the problem…that information is still wrong. Gila Crosswires is not at the embassy to offer the quest “Fame Waits for Gnome One”.

1 Like

Does your Alliance character see any NPCs waiting for them next to the flight master in Boralus?

1 Like

yeah going through the process of just re-doing the mechagon threat chain as alliance. Wish they had fixed the issue when it was reported because i see a lot of reports of the issue and the only thing responded back by blue posts is “its not a known issue”…despite of course the repeated reports of the issue lol. its obviously broken and has been, hopefully they take the time to either rewrite their responses to say you need to do more or at least just fix it so the quests show up at the embassy like the text says it will.

1 Like

It seems, Johndeere, that you already completed that quest, which is just a breadcrumb quest. You currently are on the quest “A Small Team”.

Which is part of the Mechgonian Threat.

1 Like

Im on that quest NOW lol. I wasnt before. Like i said, im going through the quest chain right now to see if that helps.

Just to clarify, the requirement to unlock Mechagon on the Alliance side is intended.

Completing the Mechagonian threat should allow you to pick up the quest to start the Mechagnome Allied Race questline.

1 Like

So again, Completed Mechagonian Threat before…went to the embassy and it even says i completed it and completed all things necessary to unlock them (unlike how it does for Kul-Tiran which ill do next). While in the embassy it only offered me a quest for dark iron dwarves, no other races. Finished the dark iron dwarves and still nothing (other than the flag for the race says is still havent completed it but yet i can create a character for them so obviously that piece is broken). Dropped all quests and relogged, still nothing. So i decided to go start the Mechagonian threat from scratch over again the normal way but on alliance, which is weird since its stated if you did it on horde you dont have to do it again but whatever. I went ahead and did it.

Then i get to the part where i need to do “Urgent Care”. The text stated by blizzard says that too can be accessed at the embassy. It did not show up there. I had to actually go get it from the mechagon island to start that one. So what I am trying to say is the way the guides and help is written and apparently supposed to be intended does not actually work nor does the system in which tells you whether or not you completed the necessary steps to unlock the races.

2 Likes

Do you mean you completed the Mechagonian Threat on your Horde characters or Alliance?

You don’t have to complete all of the objectives to unlock the Allied Race, as those are account wide, but you do need to unlock Mechagon on the Alliance side. I’m sorry if that was not clear. The Support Article we have on the subject outlines the requirement.

3 Likes

Yeah, not sure if you looked at that article but it doesnt actually address the problem in which the title states. I went through and unlocked it fully and Aysa still didnt offer the quest. Had to go back to the island and get it from the mechagnome instead of it being at the embassy from the panda. I would suggest having someone on your team go through the process and look at the current guides out there, they dont allign with the experience and its pretty confusing. Also definitely have the embassy looked at because that whole system is bugged for telling you that you have fully unlocked it when you havent…then saying you dont have it unlocked when you clearly have.

On what character did you unlock it fully? Do you mean just now on your Human Paladin or on a different character?

If you mean your Paladin, once you completed “Welcome to the Resistance” the Urgent Care quest wasn’t available? The quest, once qualified for, should be available in either the Embassy or Mechagon as far as I am aware.

I am not certain if that is considered a bug or not. As I said, the quest can be picked up from either location once you qualify for it according to what I can see. If you had to return to the island, you might report it as a bug so our QA team can take a look.

I don’t think anyone on my team really is qualified to do that since we’re not developers or members of QA. :slight_smile:

If you feel the information available from the embassy needs to be changed, I’d recommend submitting feedback through the option found through the in-game Support page.

2 Likes

Just redid it on my human paladin, had did it a long time ago on my tauren paladin when it was live. On my human paladin i finished the quests needed for it to apparently show up at the embassy as i hearthed and flew over there to pick it up like the guides and responses stated it would be there…but it wasnt. went back to mechagon island and found the quest there available. so it wasnt available in two places, just the one.

I have now unlocked the mechagnomes, but i had to do it a different way than what is stated by blizzard. Also, again, the embassy flag and banner ui is broken. It was stated about a year ago blizzard knew of it and would fix it but it is still broken and gives the wrong information.

I think there is a basic misunderstanding here. The requirement to unlock the Mechagnome Allied Race is account-wide, so that you did so on your Horde character counts.

However, in order to do the quest that allows you to invite the Mechgnomes into the Alliance, you have to have unlocked Mechagon for the Alliance. You had not done that until recently on your Human Paladin.

As I said, that may be a bug, and I’d recommend reporting it as such so our QA team can take a look.

I’m not aware of such a statement, but I’ll take your word for it.

In either case, it seems that you unlocked the questline. Congrats.

2 Likes

This is from a Blue Post from Blizzard last year in january: “We are also currently in the process of resolving a bug that is affecting the Allied Race banner UI and causing additional confusion, but in the meantime the steps outlined above should help unlock the mechagnomes for those who qualify.”

It also states: " If this character has not unlocked Mechagon Island, you can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind and Gila Crosswires will have the quest ‘Fame Waits for Gnome One’ which will lead the character through the Mechagon Island unlock process which then leads to the mechagnome unlock questline. If you are in this situation, you will not need to go to Nazjatar."

Which as I was stating is not the case because in neither of those cases did the embassy have the quests needed to start anything. Either the starting of the mechagon quest line nor the quest to start the mechagnome unlock quest line.

Thats one of the reasons why me and others are confused. When you search for this it brings you to WoWhead that has that blue post posted. Then a couple other forum posts from blue posts where people are still having issues and the blue posts saying they cant find any reports of them. Its why i was suggesting you guys may want to look into it. Either way, im done but im sure someone else is going to run into the same issue eventually.

1 Like

Yes, as I mentioned previously, you had already completed the quest “Fame Waits for Gnome One” at some point. I don’t know when you may have completed it because it no longer has a completion time/date (which disappears after a maintenance period or two).

So it looks like you had done that breadcrumb quest, but just not picked up the next quest in the chain “The Legend of Mechagon”, which you did today.

2 Likes