Mechagnomes are an awesome race

Yeah, if they were actually all robot I’m sure I’d like them more. I’ve always wanted a playable robot race in WoW.

2 Likes

I just don’t get how WOTLK Mechagnomes already existed and looked better in WOTLK than half done BFA diaper gnomes. They just look so weird but the old ones, if it had to be a gnome race might have been semi decent. ( https://www.wowhead.com/npc=25814/fizzcrank-mechagnome ), they just kinda look like a half done transmog though.

2 Likes

I quite like them, but I wish the arm and leg mogs worked a bit different.

I get wanting to show off the mechanical bits, but armor should have a bit of an impact. Maybe they could have rigged it up to where you just get elbow and knee armor on the joints.

I think one of the others nailed it. There should have been varying degrees of mechanization. There is in lore, after all. Why not have an option to be as simple as one arm/leg, or near full conversion?

1 Like

Mechagnomes have so much effort put in them that their heritage armor are only 4 pieces and fit only one limb color. Very nice indeed.

4 Likes

That’s pretty much every single Allied race we got so far. Mag’har shouldn’t have been a new race, just further customization. Same with Highmountain. Lightforged. Dark Iron Dwarves. But sadly this is where we stand.

No they aren’t.

I don’t know much people who wish to play with a race that can transmog 3 pieces of armor

Let’s see how long it will take for them to have more than 10k characters at level 120, i bet a year.

That’s a good sentence to sum up Mechagnomes, yeah. I should point out that:

will soon be false, however, as Horde are getting a brand new race in Vulpera, while Alliance get the reskin of the least popular race in the game.

Are you picking up yet on why folks are miffed?

10 Likes

And some might be confused how one can call purple blood elves a whole new race. Literally, no difference besides some hair strands and eye and skin color. Mechagnomes may be limited in terms of transmog for their limbs, but in actual customization for their character they have far more variety to them than Ren’dorei. And I like the void elves.

I will never play a Mechagnome.

I am ecstatic that they’ll be playable.

They’ve been an often requested Allied Race since the days of “sub race” discussions. I’m glad to see things from the past picked rather than solely the newest creations.

Not really, just sounds like more Alliance whining to me right now. Vulpera are goblins with cute furry fox faces. We also got a brand new model in Kul’tirans. You also act like this’ll be the last Allied race ever. Alliance will likely get something cool in the future I’m sure but as it stands, Alliance would rather have some race that makes absolutely no sense like Vulpera even though we burned their homes and people. It makes sense for the Horde to get them.

Which are going to be wildly popular. Also objectively not goblins.

Which are wildly unpopular.

You don’t know either of those things.

You made a thread which made a claim, don’t get pissy when others refute your claim.

6 Likes

How is calling it Alliance whining pissy? Haha I’m just saying it as I see it. Also Void Elves are wildly popular according to some site statistics, so a “completely new race” even if Vulpera are just goblin models with a fox retexture, isn’t entirely necessary. Also you’re right I’m not 100% certain if what we get next Alliance will think is cool. Because imo we got some pretty wicked awesome stuff so far like Dark Irons and even if I think they lack a lot of customization, Void Elves, hell and I like Mechagnomes lol.

So I really don’t understand the Alliance complaints. Mechagnomes as I explain in this thread imo, have tons of great features to them.

Effort and intent does not equate to numbers played, if it did Kul Tirans would be the most played race of all the allied races. Time will be the judge on how popular IE successful "reskinned Goblins " compare to this whole new awesome Gnome race.

3 Likes

That’s fine. I, and many others, strongly disagree.

1 Like

And I’m not saying Mechagnomes are more popular than Vulpera. What I’m saying is that in terms of variety, Mechagnomes have a lot going for them just as much as Vulpera which imo warrants them just as much worth to be a new Allied race. It’s hard to determine what will be popular or not, because as much as people hate void elves for example because of rather having high elves, a lot of people love them too.

It’s not too late for Ally! I have a suspicion that the final allied race alliance will get will be K’thir, Naga, or Sethrak.

K’thir seem the most logical to me, in terms of model, design, and how abundant they are, but I don’t know anything about the alliance story that could make this actually possible.

After doing some looking into it, Ankoan is also extremely possible, fitting into place an aquatic race. So we’d have mechine and aquatic covered after this. All we’d really need now is reptilian and insect, then Azaroth would have all flavors!

This is some portion of the hate, though, so yes if they get more lore people will care more. The customization is welcome news, and if the racials remain strong, great.

As someone who’s been vocally critical, I want to give credit where it’s due. But “they aren’t animals” when we only have 3 animals isn’t getting to the point of the frustration, nor a counterpoint since it’s not as if we’re drowning in animals.

As I said time will tell. I prefer Objective facts to subjective opinion but if I was going to bet I would say Vulpera will be vastly more popular that Mechagnomes.

Those squidfaced Forsaken models from Stormsong? I don’t see that happening.

Naga would be weird for a lot of mechanical reasons but they’d be neat.

I would forgive a lot about BfA if they added Sethrak.

2 Likes