Mechagnomes are an awesome race

Agree. And it doesn’t matter how awesome their features are if they aren’t played.

2 Likes

And that’s fine too, we’ll have to agree to disagree of course, but I’m putting this thread out there as one of those who support Mechagnomes and Blizzard know there is a playerbase out there that does approve of them and the decision. I see a lot of threads about dislike for them, so I think it’d be a shame if Blizzard thought the race was a mistake.

I mean, the over-whelming negativity is hopefully sending the correct message that the race is very much a mistake. As many were saying even before they were announced.

Blizzard didn’t listen then, so I don’t really expect them to listen now.

(also I love your name. I’m currently re-reading as mental preparation for the show)

1 Like

That’s honestly something of wishful thinking on my part. TBH Ankoan is really the most likely. Sethrak have way too unique a frame. They only kind of use the female wargen rig but tweaked.

Ankoan’s are an ally rep faction already, and armor would fit them just fine. Seems likely to me.

Well seeing as Blizzard is the only one with the actual truest numbers, we’ll likely never know how all the Allied Races stack against one another. I also don’t believe how many people play a race equates to “success and failure”. This is an mmo, there will always be less popular options than others in terms of everything. But variety and choice is always something appreciated. Not everything can be popular with everybody.

Monk is one of the least played classes in the game according to some commonly referenced site statistics. So is Demon Hunter. I as a worgen am one of the least played races. Doesn’t necessarily equate to failure. At the end of the day Mechagnomes are another choice for gnome loves to play, so in the end they add to the audience regardless.

Go check out the Sethrak Mega-thread if you’re interested, but people have done plenty of model workups demonstrating some great customizations and showing how helms/etc would work on them. Their uniqueness is kinda what makes me hope for them.

Ankoan would be okay, I guess. They don’t excite me much but at least they’re something different. I don’t think they’re going to be added, though. They seem more likely to stay in Nazjatar with the gilblins.

Right, but all of the allied races thus-far have actual rep somewhere in game that you can already start farming. Do Sethrak?

So many threads have claimed things a mistake. Is LFR a mistake? Maybe, maybe not. Is not adding high elves a mistake? I don’t think so seeing as imo High Elves are blood elves with blue eyes and even less variety than Ren’dorei. But that’s just my opinion. Is giving Alliance the bee mount a mistake? I don’t think so also because we don’t have much mount variety.

Lots of threads out there are stacked with sole opinions on mistakes made in the game. But I think it’s important even if you’re in the minority to ensure you put your voice out there. So yeah still gonna go with the opinion Mechagnomes aren’t a mistake just cause they’re likely not going to be the most popular Allied race. I think the end that’s alright.

If we did not have factions I would absolutely agree with you however as we are in a “us vrs them” situation popularity of a race is very important.

They’re adding a faction in 8.3, Uldum Accord, that’s an alliance of desert-dwelling races united against N’zoth. Sethrak are a desert-dwelling race :man_shrugging:t4:

It’s a stretch, sure, but void elves didn’t really have anything to do with Argussian Reach, nor DI Dwarves with the 7th Legion.

In that specific case, I agree with that assessment. There is still hope. It’ll be funny to watch everyone scramble to grind the rep before the next big update. Especially so if it’s not actually tied to an allied race.

I keep seeing people say this, but let’s be honest with ourselves here.
They didn’t even create new armor.
They literally gave you the NPC armor. The armor the bad Mechagnomes wear.
Wasn’t the intention to not become entirely robotic, and yet they gave it to them as their Heritage armor?

lol, come on Blizz, this is just sad now.

1 Like

People moan and cry because it’s gnomes.

They also moan and cry because it wasn’t Sethrak (even though the short races are paired together for obvious reasons).

There’s still a chance for Sethrak or what have you. Sorry your awful taste makes you dislike Cyborgs.

Power armor /=/ Being a robot

Oh wow, I had to go check, and you’re completely right.

Here’s King Mechagon:

and here’s the heritage armor:

They literally just slapped a 3D chestpiece on, added a couple headpieces, and called it a day.

2 Likes

And what’s the issue? It looks incredible and suits them

2 Likes

I am waiting for Robo-Forsaken.

That wasn’t the point, but alright.

So. They learn from their mechanized brothers and sisters how to create a suit of armor that offers the same benefits of mechanization, without being mechanized?

Explain to me how that’s bad?

My gnome fell into a vibrator factory after a a gnome punting accident, and after fighting the several machines, his limbs were replaced. Sadly, they still can vibrate when he chooses