Mecha-Done needs some Bad Luck Protection

Blizzard, I’ve been killing Crazed Trogg every day since day one. Freza every day since I got the record player, and I’m 4 paragon boxes in with no Green Paint, Triumph vinyl, or that XD Pet Blueprint. This is tiresome at best. It’s an infinite grind with no actual endgoal. I have 6 weeks to go to finish Nazj’s meta-achievement doing my followers and Mardivas’s summons left now. I know exactly how much time that will take and it makes the daily/weekly grind of stuff feel like it’s at least progressing me on…

Meanwhile, on Mechagon, I’ve got anywhere from a week (for my next paragon box) to potentially 11.3 to go because I’m literally just waiting for drops. I’m sick of basically doing the same 2 rares, sitting and waiting for them to spawn every day, then quests for no reason other than a seemingly low drop chance blueprint from a reputation box… for an exploration achievement and I’m so sick of it. I liked this island when it first came out, but good lord, this grind and the seemingly endless nature of doing this every day with the continued potential of literally zero forward progress is a real drag on the place.

By comparison, I still love flying around Nazj, looking for rares and Algans and such.

22 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. RNG is getting bad. It seems like the RNG factor this expansion is very very skewed, worse than in the past.

10 Likes

Agreed. I am in the same boat. Farming rares on 3 120’s in mechagon. Missing same color and blueprints. It’s starting to get tiresome. I get a low drop for mounts, but not for items to complete a meta achieve. It’s ridiculous

4 Likes

Keep in mind, farming on different characters doesn’t do a lot unless each of those characters only needs one last one. The Paint, Blueprints, and Vinyls each have character specific progress. The only collection in Mechagon that doesn’t work that way is the Minis (god what I would give for everything to work the same way as the minis).

2 Likes

Agree 100%. Been killing Steel-Singer Freza and doing the Reclamation Rig Daily since end of the first week for “Triumph of Gnomregan” Vinyl, but nothing. Also up to my 8th Rustbolt Supplies paragon cache and still no Microbot XD blueprint. Last two items I need to finish the meta.

Bad luck protection would be very nice!

3 Likes

Agreed. Only recently got my triumph vinyl, still need a blueprint from Cogfrenzy daily box without missing a single one. My husband has only needed orange paint vial for a couple weeks now, and has never missed a crazed trogg/furor chance.

Another Rustbolt Resistance Paragon Box, another lack of that ****ing blueprint. Blizzard, fix this crap, I’m sick of this island. The RNG has killed this island in terms of my interest. I literally come here now every day just to kill 4 things, do the least onerous quests, then leave again because I hate even being here. I hate the music, I hate the visuals, I hate the annoying LOS issues both inside and outside of the dungeon and the fences that I am somehow more likely to get caught on here than anywhere else… I’m sick of this place, all because it’s home to an endless grind that may or may not ever pay off with anything. Meanwhile, 5 weeks to go on Nazj and I know I’ll be done and I still love the place.

1 Like

What’s the point in the Meta when there are 100 objectives but 98 of them take 1% of the time and the 2 take 99% of the time?

Spread out the difficulty otherwise you look at these meta’s and just know that one of them will be 100x more difficult then rest. Make each one slightly harder to get and not have these impossible RNG ones that ruin it.

I’m also getting sick of killing the trogg every, single, day.

1 Like

Most everything the crazed trogg drops, also drops from other sources, usually with a much higher drop chance. Make sure you’re killing the other sources for what you need as well.

Also if you need one of the items that also drops off of the data anomaly, remember you can kill each different type of data anomaly once a day, and I think there’s 7 of them. If you have the elite disc you can save them and do them on a day when it’s not up for extra chances.

But that’s exactly the point of the meta. They want you to keep playing.

If everything in the meta is easy, you are done quick and you stop.

If everything in the meta is hard, you just give up and stop.

But if they have some easy things and a few hard things, you get “mostly done” (but not really) and then a whole lot of sunk cost fallacy makes you keep playing to finish that last little bit (which was really the whole meta all along).

It’s the same reason Friendly takes 3k rep, Honored takes 6k, Revered takes 12k and Exalted takes 21k. Hitting Revered makes you think “I’m nearly there!” but you’re really only half way there.

It’s all just manipulation to make us keep playing.

1 Like

One of the problems is that the RNG is layered. Not only do you have to wait weeks for the relevant quest or event to pop (Taking the Air Out, anyone?), but then the 10% chance event has a 10% chance to drop what you need, meaning it is entirely conceivable that you will be farming every day for months to get something useful. In my case, I need both Cogfrenzy blueprints despite doing it almost every time since the patch came out. I am also missing Caustic Mechaslime’s blueprint despite it dropping for two alts on the very first kill, and the Triumph music track. I also need the hearthstone toy.

In short, everything I need is locked behind an RNG event being up and a drop chance.

It would be nice if you could buy the rare items, even if it is for a ridiculous cost in Galvanic Oscillators or allow every paragon chest to drop one of the things you are missing. Since you are still farming the rep/items, it’s not as if you aren’t putting in the time to earn the achievement compared to someone who just got lucky.

Except the Fel Green, which only drops off him, sadly… which is the one I’m stuck on. :expressionless:

Freaking Mechagon.

I need two more minis, which are extremely low, random drops from the various boxes.

I need one more vinyl which only drops from the stupid data anomalies which means I have to wait until that quest pops up, and -then- hope I get lucky.

Meanwhile I hit Rustfeather and the Arachnid Harvester every day just in case.

Over in Najzatar, I’m down to one rare (the Voice of the Deeps) and a handful of items, all of which require either hardcore farming or getting lucky with a rare kill.

And you know what? I still haven’t finished the Bigger Bag achievement from Timeless freaking Isle even though it’s been many years and multiple expansions and farming those items killed my soul.

There are days when this game about ruins my will to play it just with the sheer amount of RNG on top of RNG on top of low drops. I don’t want everything -handed- to me, but life shouldn’t be about hitting a rare every day for a less than 1 percent chance, or waiting every day to see if a specific quest is up to -then- hit a rare for a minuscule chance.

Also, I bitterly resent old raid/dungeon achievements that won’t let me solo them because they require full parties, even years later. Pfft.

3 Likes

Oh, and I don’t know why the forums decided to log me in as an alt I never use. This is the real me.

I have been working on mechagon for a while now and I have to admit, the OP has a point. Either rng needs to be toned down or bad luck protection needs to be introduced to mechagon AND nazjatar.

Been another 10 days and still no Triumph of Gnomeregan off Steel-Singer Freza or the Reclamation Rig. Up to the 10th Rustbolt Supplies box with no Microbot XD blueprint either; getting to be quite frustrating to say the least.

1 Like

I completely agree that some specific rares in Mechagon need Bad Luck Protection. I’ve been trying to get my last schematics for achievements for a while now, But none seem to be dropping for me as of late.

However, I don’t feel Bad Luck Protection should be applied to the rare spawns that can drop mounts in this zone. Those mounts should remain as a low drop rate in my opinion to make them feel more special for those that obtain them.

I agree about the mounts; I don’t want nor do they need to have bad luck protection. I do feel the blueprints and vinyls need some form of bad luck protection.
My girlfriend is up to 2 months of farming Steel-singer Freza, Reclamation rig, and doing every single daily in there plus farming extra for 100 rep tokens from Pascal, and still nothing. We want to be done with Mechagon, but can’t finish due to the abysmal drop rates.

1 Like

Yeah, I have no interest in the mounts having BLP, I mean you get one of them, in a different color scheme, just from questing, and another from this meta achievement. I’m a little surprised there’s not another dropped mount to match the rep/hard mode OpMech mount, but I got the OpMech HM version so whatever. :smiley:

But yeah, so many Rec Rigs, so many times watching some idiot with the knockback blaster knocking all the things out of AOE, so many Frezas, so many Crazed Troggs, and now 7ish Paragon Boxes and no final Blueprint. Soooooooooo tired of this place.

Yea, had another go at Freza last night and the Reclamation Rig; still no “Triumph of Gnomeregan” vinyl. I’m hoping they look at the drop rates soon; I understand they don’t want people finishing the zone quickly, but feels bad when some people get the drop the first time and your hitting 2 months and nothing. BLP for some of these items would be awesome in the future.

At least I know with Nazjatar I’ll be done in 3 weeks, well 2 weeks now.

1 Like