MDT Controversy Needs to be Addressed by a Blue

Yikes, glad I’m not a tank.

Glad I never bothered with add ons. Good luck with this mess.

1 Like

I’m tank and I don’t need to pay for anything.

Got weakaura alerting me to few stuff, and dbm telling me stuff too.

I thought MDT was mostly for routes and such.

Maybe I’m mistaken.

MDT is for routes yeah, I use that one too to check %.
Not paying for anything tho.

Neat addon, helped me find good route for De other side for pridefuls.

Oh hey, A mvp that’s wrong. That’s certainly a first

How does it feel being so wrong?

3 Likes

I don’t know why he didn’t just hand over development to someone else then. It’s not uncommon at all to do if you’re making WoW addons, some people just get bored of the game and quit or don’t want to maintain addons anymore, it happens.

Their pride is their problem.

It’s one thing to ask for money, it’s another to demand it.

Adam has a Patreon, the Weak Auras team has a Patreon, Luxthos has a Patreon… they develop good stuff, and those who have the inclination and means to support them on a monthly basis will do so.

All they have to do is ask.

1 Like

What exactly are we paying for? I’m using DBM, weakaura and MDT, not paying anything.
Am I missing something?

1 Like

Between this behavior, and the… Other Drama Involving Minors that we can’t even talk about of the forums, I am beginning to think everything to do with Method is just Awful People.

6 Likes

Since I don’t have the addon, can someone answer some questions?

From my understanding on the situation, it seems the author is selling data on routes for the dungeons?

Can you still create your own routes with the addon without paying anything?

Wrong about what?

Yeah you can.

See bolded part. Thats isnt a community issue.

2 Likes

Did you not read the thing I linked you are you being purposely obtuse? That’s not very good MVP behavior of you.

1 Like

This paying for addons stuff will end quickly. Blizzard wont allow some random person to make money based off Blizzards IP. It’ll be a banned addon at this rate.

1 Like

A bit late to the party, but it seems to be more the rule than the exception. That being said, I watch the streams of the players to learn to be a better player, not to learn how to be a better person.

But if someone suggested that you thank those guys with a buck or so a month, would you do it?

Just hit up Dratnos on YouTube, and you’ve find your routes. All the addon does is remind you what the routes are, but honestly, you kinda want to memorize them anyway.

I didn’t read it because it has nothing to do with what I am talking about, and was posted very long ago.

What was your goal with posting that?

I am suggesting to look past the addon part and focus more on the community part. This is a BIG deal honestly. The addon is just the tip of the iceberg.

Wait because the blue post is old suddenly it does not apply? wow MVPs are absolutely useless

1 Like