McconnelRet holding 19 other people hostage in WSG

Holding the third flag cap and just running around the map farming HKs instead of capping the flag and ending the game. So glad timers are not in the game so griefers can just run around and do whatever they want :slight_smile:

19 Likes

They need to be, QoL ruins all of it for me.

8 Likes

And you know how to stop that? You don’t whine about wanting a timer; you get good and kill him.

104 Likes

Just leave then? Timers just encourage a cheese meta where you sit in base after 1 cap and camp till timer runs out.

61 Likes

So your solution to a griefer refusing to cap the last flag is to leave? Nice that your only solution is to give them power over 19 people including those on the winning side that just want the win but have to wait 40 minutes of him farming to get it.

5 Likes

Yeah I’d rather leave a BG than have the entire objective fundamentally changed.

34 Likes

Yep, if I feel like it’ll last longer than it’s worth I would just leave…

2 Likes

Another paladin can just BoP him and it would force a drop.

34 Likes

PvP solution. Stop crying to Blizzard.

38 Likes

Pvp solution for pvp problem

24 Likes

Fundamentally it should be very difficult for 10 whole players to not be able to kill him, if we are to assume the rest of the Alliance side is not helping and is just waiting. Unless the team comp is miserable, the team should have some combination of DoTs, stuns/slows/roots, ranged attacks, and interrupts. There’s no reason for a single player to be able to do this even in Classic unless his team is helping him, in which case, it is not 19 hostages, but half that :v

Basically I’m saying the situation is impossible for how it’s being framed. It’s impossible.

15 Likes

if i had a nickel for every time i bm sat on that last flag cap to farm idiots who were awful at game

i’d have a lot of nickels

5 Likes

The only solution is he should be perma banned from all blizzard products until he writes an apology that is then posted on the front page of the WoW Website.

6 Likes

You seem too genuine to be trolling. You shouldn’t have to cry to Blizzard/authority figures when someone is doing something you don’t like. Learn to adapt and don’t let those kind of things bother you.

You guys are hilarious. Being better then someone else is not greifing.

A football team is blowing out their opponent 35-0 and continues to score till the game is over. Is that griefing?

A boxer out boxes his opponent from all aspects, has the power to knock his opponent out but instead decides to just out perform him for every single round. Is that griefing?

This hyper sensitive society is pretty annoying and extremely soft. Instead of crying you could just, you know, get better at the game. I promise you, nobody is playing this game flawlessly. Suck it up, analyze what you can improve on, move forward.

30 Likes

This right here. This right here is why we can’t have good AV

6 Likes

The thing is both of those sports have timers so they will end eventually regardless of how big the skill gap is.

If you are in a group with someone and he refuses to score the last point there is very little you can do besides afk or leave. The game will continue to go on until one of those things happen.

Also I am pretty sure that the penalty for holding the flag for too long did not exist in vanilla(please correct me if I am wrong on this). So the flag carrier doesnt even get easier to kill over time.

All that said a timer does change the nature of the BG and is not vanilla, however this is one example where a change was made for a specific reason and those reasons are going to come back. We will see how this and other issues like it are handled when classic comes out.

3 Likes

Yeah, its impossible for a single flag carrier to hold 19 other people hostage in WSG. Maybe your team should have gotten on the same page and zerged him. But if their team was stopping you from killing him, they werent held hostage. If they wanted the game to be over, they would have just let you kill Mcconnel. Sounds like 10 players chose to farm some honor while they were winning.

I am excited to see how you handle phase two. “A raid of 40 horde is holding Menethil Hostage! They are sitting here farming us and there is nothing we can do. They should only kill us a couple times then leave. Wah.” Phase 2 is going to be nothing but 60s farming players for honor. Have fun.

9 Likes

And people want the old AV why now?

No. This forces people to actually get better at the game. If even 5 out of 10 people from the camped side decides to actually look for help to improve rather it be from yt video or discords or just asking for advice in game, that side is better off now with more knowledgeable/improved players.

Improve instead of complaining

2 Likes