Maybe focus on patch downloads over achievement bugs?

To preface this, no its not my system, yes I have taken steps recommended to try and troubleshoot it, and yes I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

Patches are taking a very long time to initialize currently, once the patch downloads it seems to mostly download smoothly, but when its downloading the initialization portion, it does so at an extremely slow pace. That isn’t to say the patch itself doesn’t slowly download either, in fact the current one is downloading at a pace of 25 KB/s, which might as well be dialup speeds. This has been an on going issue I wanna say since 10.2.5 launched, and there has been zero recognition for the issue in terms of addressing it.

It should not take 10+ minutes to download a patch, and at the frequency these patches drop its been very problematic for a lot of people I know, especially ones that raid given it makes us late. Please, for the love of it all, FIX THE DOWNLOAD ISSUES WITH YOUR SERVERS! This is not a customer issue but a server or Bnet issue, or at least allow us to launch the game without the patch installed so we can install it later. Its been extremely disruptive and I am nearly at my wits end at this point given I can’t baby sit the launcher on Sunday and Monday to ensure all patches are caught before I raid. Let alone leave my PC running for hours on end with the game up to ensure I don’t get disrupted.

7 Likes

It may not be your system per se, but something about yalls systems. Cuz lemme tell ya, if there were a massive issue with the bnet app, nobody would be able to patch. Either stuff yall have installed, or an ISP thing, or even just the router yall use.

I agree with the OP the whole system has gotten worse. There is nothing wrong with my PC or my fiber internet.

My steam game downloads are super fast.

4 Likes

IDK what it is honestly, its afflicting people around the country is the thing, but IDK how or why any sort of addon or what have you would interfere with downloads. It smells of something about the servers is causing this more than anything else. As someone else mentioned the ISP during peak hours and throttling, but that still doesn’t make much sense. Given the same issue persists outside of peak hours too.

Battle net has always been notorious for terribly slow download speeds. did you make sure your downloads are throttled in the settings?

Not addons, I mean software. Tons of stuff can bork a games launcher. I once had to uninstall Geforce Experience to get SWTOR to patch.

7k rig. This patch system is absolute Dog.
I’m a stones throw from my server hub with latency of 6. Seriously.

.03 MB / sec right now all for some blunderstorm bloat ware no doubt.

4 Likes

My initializations are always super long for some reason. Not like this with any other game or launcher i use.

Today it also downloaded some patch at 25kbs for me.

1 Like

Interesting, wonder if its a conflict with geforce or something of that effect.

Can’t say I’ve had any issues, OP. Not that there’s been a lot to download since 10.2.5. But 10.2.6 downloaded at the usual sort of speed. Usually goes at like 12mb/s. Fastest thing I download.

Have you checked your download settings to make sure your speed is not capped?

I have the settings maxed out for speed, my only guess at this point is something is conflicting with the download like someone else pointed out.

1 Like

OK So I am updating right now, was in Plunder all day. Taking a wee bit to initialize…(this part always takes a bit for me).

Nope, reached my max speed of around 3mbps in about three seconds. It does slow down though, a tad. No way should that take any longer than a few minutes even for a DSL connection.

If you have them set for unlimited, try changing that to an actual number. I’ve seen some posts saying that fixed slow downloads for some reason.

You are a genius, it was geforce, as soon as I started to download the new driver update it immediately allowed the bnet update to work properly! TY for the tip, and at least I found the program that’s causing the conflict.

3 Likes

Wow dude, your welcome. Glad it worked for ya.

Yeah, I still don’t get why in the world geforce is causing it to malfunction like that.

I wonder if your internet got a clog and the geforce update acted like a plunger. Lol

I think it was moreso a conflict between the two programs possibly, but that could also be the case too XD

Is this at all related to an issue I’ve noticed recently where the battle.net update agent is constantly downloading… something? It never stops, it’s like it’s just endlessly downloading phantom data, and since I have to use slow Ethernet-over-power at the moment it chews all my bandwidth and gives me 2000+ latency.

I’ve managed to “fix” it by setting battle.net to close when I open a game (tried ending the process specifically but it comes back a few sec later), but if updating my GeForce driver can fix this I’d rather go with that.

1 Like

I mean, if your drivers are out of date, you should be updating them anyway. What you describe, however, could be explained by another Blizzard product updating in the background.

If everything works fine while Bnet is closed, then its probably that.