May 20th is perfect timing!

Its Perfect because my sub ends may 19th. Since I have zero plans to play what is regarded as one of the worst expansions ever I couldn’t be happier about the release date. I really do hope the people that want wrath servers have a backbone and don’t play as well.

5 Likes

Cata was literally a mid-tier expansion. My gripe is the erasure of the Wotk era Azeroth. But I guess most people aren’t interested in running around and exploring 20-year-old WoW zones ='(

2 Likes

A valid gripe. Era servers should exist for Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. If the only reason for this is that Blizzard doesn’t want to host, they should explore legitimate third party licensing options so that official private servers can be a thing.

Era seems to be doing ok. I think Blizzard underestimates the engagement of players who really love an expansion!

I actually don’t have anything against Cata other than that it’s just not for me and I don’t intend to play it. I hope the folks who love it have fun with it!

1 Like

My cancelled subscription ends on April 30th. I don’t even have to suffer through pre-patch, lol

1 Like

Cata changes more than that. Depending on class/spec your gameplay is heavily changed as well. I’m lucky that my classic character is a mage and things don’t change too much there, but a lot of hunters aren’t fond of focus.

This is also why I’m not too keen to play era. The old world is intact, but my mage doesn’t have ice lance and blizzard being able to crit. Deal breaker right there. WotLK represents mage perfection in my eyes, and Cata mostly continues it, but MoP onward the class is dead to me.

Not least because we did not get Focus potions or Focus enhancing food.

1 Like