Max Megablast- can't interact

First the fishing quests bugged out and now this one. I’ve even tried a couple of the minor ones for 20 points and they are broken, too. I think the Tuesday update has generated this problem.

Update: after multiple log-off/in, I found that Max kept teleporting. When he’s at a point very near the sub, it is possible to interact with him. I used the F-key and he opened the trade.

2 Likes

I’ve tried disabling my addons and exiting the game, still can’t interact with him.

[update: What I think is going on is that where he really is in game is not where he seems to be appearing to players individually. I’ve exited the game 5 times, and this last log in I could interact with him.]

1 Like

define multiple cause im on like number 7 lol

1 Like

I’d like to know if Blizzard is going to give “complementary” 400 Travel Points (for progress on Trading Post activities for the month) to everyone who gathered the 300 tokens needed for the Trading Post activities for this event.

(Three separate items to be bought, needing no more than 300 event tokens, total, using the refund option once credit has been received for buying each previous item, giving a total of 400 points of progress.)

I am not hopeful that Blizzard will even try to fix this bug today, with enough time for any of us to still buy these items for the clock runs out…

Franklin

no…why would they…

A quick fix is to swim away out of range then swim back to him. You don’t need to be on top of him to interact with him.

1 Like

IM SO MAD THAT THIS WORKED…Thank you…xo

1 Like

I have already tried this, several times…
I have also tried reloading my User Interface (i.e.: /console reloadui )
I have also exited the game and logged back in.

You’re not swimming far enough away from him. You really gotta put some distance between you and him.

1 Like

For me: 10 was the lucky number.

1 Like

I’ll see what this does, but I kinda tried swimming away from him and back to no avail.

Yea, not a thing, and I’ve even tried logging out and logging back in tons of times, exiting game because it’s faster than the 20 sec log out time.

i had him targeted and swam until he wasn’t in range anymore if that helps

Ok, I’ve stayed clicked on him and swam away a few times until it clicked off of him and swam back, and it worked after I’m gonna say the 3rd try?

1 Like

After spending over an hour (!!) trying various methods of getting this NPC to interact with me, I finally hearthed out, went back to the capital, took the portal again, and rode all the way back here…

And he still isn’t working!

Tried multiple things (Exit, Reload, swim away and then back) and it finally worked when I Logged Out (not Exit) in front of Max Megablast (no helmet on) and then I logged back in and he started the speech bubble like he does when you first arrive there and then I could finally interact with him and buy the dumb jelly jam. I hope that helps someone :frowning: Sorry about all this…

This was the only thing that worked for me as well. Waited 'til he was right next to the sub and could interact with him like a normal vendor.

1 Like

So, my total of logging out/in of 15 times, reloading ui 5 times, swimming out and back 7 times FINALLY did the trick. I couldn’t tell you what order I did what in, because honestly I don’t remember. I’m just happy after over an hour later I’m finally done trying to get this guy to talk to me. Felt like I was back in HS where guys just ignored me. Thanks Blizz =(

Tried this multiple times - even going so far as the zone edge to the south & to the north-east - no success.

This worked for me. With Max still targeted, I swam away until the target dropped then swam back. He had teleported to a new location (very close to the submarine) and just right clicked.