Max Megablast- can't interact

Working on the Luminous Luminary achievements for my travel log, collected 302 notes, but when I go to Max Megablast to purchase items, nothing happens when I interact with him. The purchase window doesn’t open. And yes, I am close enough for interaction- I’m literally standing (swimming) right next to him. Lots of people in the chat say they are having the same issue.

5 Likes

Can confirm, also experiencing this issue even with mods off and several reloads and relogs.

5 Likes

One person in chat said using the interact key worked. Another said moving the addons to a different folder worked. Neither of those worked for me.

1 Like

I finally managed to get him to work by completely exiting the game and reloading… but others have said they tried this and it didn’t work. So he still seems to bugged for many. And if you have to log out and back in again to interact, that too means he’s bugged still.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve exited completely a few times and that did not help. Odd that he’s so inconsistently bugged.

3 Likes

Yeah, same issue here - tried with all add-ons turned off, even moved the whole add-ons folder out of the WoW install; tried all variations of fish & helmet, clicking on him, using the interact hotkey - all to no avail - vendor just won’t interact with me at all.

Edit: 6 hours later, i have tried everything mentioned by the other 20-ish people here: moving away from him (to the edge of the zone even), reloading, relogging - i even manually crashed the game once, & also skipped the launcher, logging in directly thru the .exe file - & i have clicked on him as well as using the interact hotkey, at all the various depths he appears in - all to no avail. i’ve hearthed out & travelled back in.

All of it useless.

And we’re now inside the last hour of the event…

Second Edit: Finally got it to work, but i’m not 100% sure how. Decided to try fresh on a different character, but it turns out i don’t have any others that were Vashj’ir-ready, so i logged back to my main, & it worked - he talked to me & i bought the items. The only 2 things i can add about this attempt is that i had all add-ons turned off (again!) & Max was up near the sub at the time, which others have said is when it finally worked for them, so…

1 Like

Okay, so he finally worked for me. Only difference I noticed was the depth he was hovering at. I’ve seen him at three depths, the highest one being almost right in line with the light used to get the Notes. That’s the only depth where I was able to actually interact with him.

1 Like

Same here. Seems like no one on my server can interact with this NPC. I’ve tried everything above and now he’s missing and I can’t find him at all.

same 2 hours now still cannot interact…

First the fishing quests bugged out and now this one. I’ve even tried a couple of the minor ones for 20 points and they are broken, too. I think the Tuesday update has generated this problem.

Update: after multiple log-off/in, I found that Max kept teleporting. When he’s at a point very near the sub, it is possible to interact with him. I used the F-key and he opened the trade.

2 Likes

I’ve tried disabling my addons and exiting the game, still can’t interact with him.

[update: What I think is going on is that where he really is in game is not where he seems to be appearing to players individually. I’ve exited the game 5 times, and this last log in I could interact with him.]

1 Like

define multiple cause im on like number 7 lol

1 Like

I’d like to know if Blizzard is going to give “complementary” 400 Travel Points (for progress on Trading Post activities for the month) to everyone who gathered the 300 tokens needed for the Trading Post activities for this event.

(Three separate items to be bought, needing no more than 300 event tokens, total, using the refund option once credit has been received for buying each previous item, giving a total of 400 points of progress.)

I am not hopeful that Blizzard will even try to fix this bug today, with enough time for any of us to still buy these items for the clock runs out…

Franklin

no…why would they…

A quick fix is to swim away out of range then swim back to him. You don’t need to be on top of him to interact with him.

1 Like

IM SO MAD THAT THIS WORKED…Thank you…xo

1 Like

I have already tried this, several times…
I have also tried reloading my User Interface (i.e.: /console reloadui )
I have also exited the game and logged back in.

You’re not swimming far enough away from him. You really gotta put some distance between you and him.

1 Like

For me: 10 was the lucky number.

1 Like

I’ll see what this does, but I kinda tried swimming away from him and back to no avail.