Mastering The Menagerie

Rockbiter, this is the only pet out of the trio I’m mentioning mainly because I can NOT kill him, can’t get past him to battle the others. I’ve watched countless videos and used different pets, Blighthawk, Fossilized Raptor, Creepy Crate, Infinite Whelpling, 3 different pets with Bonestorm. Rockbiter always kills my first 2 pets. Believe me my RNG has ALWAYS been awful. After 6 different battles I decided it would be best if I just gave up for a while, frustration on my part could be a killer!

This strat is supposed to be very effective, but unfortunately it’s a pet you don’t have. On the other hand the https://www.wowhead.com/item=118207/hydraling is a 100% drop from a “rare” in Spires of Arak if you want to give it a try.

There’s also a strat listed there using the emperor crab which you do have, maybe something with that will work.

This is the one I’ve always used. Just tested it and still works.

Once you’re past Draenor, though wasn’t that bad in Draenor, Hydraling is an easy pet to get.

I went to try for the Hydraling and I click on the egg and nothing happens, just get a message that the mother might get mad…

She should come charging into the cave after a bit when you do that, after you kill her, then you’re able to loot the egg, which gives you the pet.

I got on an alt to go get the pet and lo and behold it says I already have one, it’s just a low level pet atm so yes I DO have one…, well now I have 2

2 Likes