Master Tamer Flummox

Hi, I just got into pet battles and only have a couple dozen 25s but am near the 1000 cap and looking to complete the Battle of the Broken Isles achievment so I can keep collecting pets but I am having A LOT of trouble with master tamer flummox daily quest available today. I have tried different parties of most of my 25s but can’t really get him beyond 50% hp. I would really appreciate any tips or suggested teams based on what I currently have.

I have 10 rare candies I can use on any type of pet so I can boost one or two of my pets to 25. Here is my collection:

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated because I would like to get credit to expand my pet storage. thanks!!

UPDATE EDIT:

PROBLEM SOLVED. random friendly stranger gifted me a free level 25 Anklerender. wow! :heart_eyes:

wasnt joking lol

I can’t see your collection - the page won’t load.

Here’s the Xu-Fu’s page for Flummox’s general use strats:

https:// wow-petguide. com/index.php?Strategy=733

(remove the spaces in the link)

eta: There are 5 strats there

thanks, out of all the pets listed in those 5 strategies listed I only have 1 pet, Unborn Valkyrie and tried her with a variation of most of my 25s, am I pretty much out of luck then? lol

dang, guess i linked it wrong. :frowning: sec

The Family Familiar pages are going to have way more strats with a wider variety of pets, but they come with more RNG because the strats are family-specific. You can peruse the pages to see if any have your pets. On the other hand, I recommend getting an Ikky if you don’t have one. He’s used in a fair few base strats.

https:// wow-petguide. com/index.php?m=FamilyFamiliar

a cheap and easy way is to just buy 3 zandalari anklerenders or kneebiters. You usually can get them for a few hundred gold or cheaper. Just use black claw then hunting party over and over again and he will die on the third pet out. You can use primal cry after the first hunting party ends so you do not get a double round debuff put on you. That is what I did for years.

1 Like

Oh and welcome to pet battling. It does get addictive. If you need help with a quest to get one or a group in the future just post to the boards here. Nicest community in WoW.

1 Like

thanks, I have all of those zandalari pets, but all are level 1, was hoping to get this quest done today while its up. guess i will see if i can level one fast enough. =p thanks!

yes, it seems so. if i posted this on the general forum i am sure someone would reply about how i shouldnt care about pet battles because war mode is broken and/or allied races suck or some such unrelated nonsense. thanks for the on topi replies lol.

1 Like

I’ve experimented with this strategy six times and it never failed. And it will use the pets you’ve already leveled.

You need Unborn Val’kyr (I use B/B, because of the greater power stat) and Lil’ Bling.

First, Unborn Val’kyr: Curse of Doom, Haunt, bring in Lil’ Bling.
Next: Use Launch Rocket, only once! (You’re just building the rocket now. You’re not actually going to launch it yet.)

Then use Inflation. You’ll die on the second round, but Mechanical Resurrection will bring you right back up, in time for the third round of Inflation to go off. Now, because Jar of Smelly Liquid from Flummox will wear off at the end of this round, you get to attack first next round.

Launch Rocket. Flummox dies. The reason you finally launch the rocket after using Inflation is because the Shattered Defenses debuff will double the damage of the rocket.

Lil’ Bling hasn’t died on me before the second Launch Rocket, but he does come close. If you want to prepare for that contingency, keep Molten Corgi in the third slot. If Lil’ Bling can’t get the second Launch Rocket off, bring in Corgi. Superbark and Bark should finish off Flummox.

That said, level your Zandalari pets. Those pets are simply too valuable. You will cheese a ton of content with these pets. They should absolutely be levelled next.