Master Pet Tamer pets

So, no doubt other people have noticed that the master tamers have what should be considered EPIC quality pets, not Rare pets.

I noticed it particularly when fighting a H/P team with my S/S lead pet going… second? I thought “Hmm, that’s odd.” And when I examined it, it seems that the base stats for the Master Tamer pets are significantly higher than average.

Another annoying ‘feature’ is the inability to get bad RNG, because it seems like every single time an NPC uses any of the varied abilities or 50/50 whiff or kill moves, they never miss.

I can understand that there’s some skew toward the NPC for the sake of balance and fun (since there’s all these pet guides and what-not on how to cheese them) but why are enemy pets used by these NPCs just superior in every conceivable way? Wouldn’t it make more sense to actually use pets we’re able to access (minus the boss pets on Timeless for example) and be more crafty with how they can fight?

For instance, encountering wild pets have varied abilities. Why not make a set of pets with synergistic strategy and have varied encounters? It reduces the cheese factor somewhat, and also showcases pets that players can get instead of something we wish we had.

If you want someone who will:

actually use pets we’re able to access and be more crafty with how they can fight,

you might enjoy PvP pet battling.

Tamer battles provide a different kind of challenge, and I like having the choice of battle types.

1 Like

They have varying levels of difficulty with tamers, too, as you move through the expansions. The whole point is to have more difficult battles in (at the time) max level content. If you want ez-mode tamers, just cycle through Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

As for NPCs never missing on 50/50 moves, that is inaccurate. As an example, I did Korval Darkbeard yesterday, or the day before, on ten different characters. Nocturnal Strike hit some fights 100%, others not at all, and the rest half the time. Just like it should be. The enemy pet, just like player pets, flips a coin to see if they’ll get the hit, unless they have something that buffs their hit chance. Like Darkness or Rain Dance for Nocturnal Strike.

On release there can be some issues with abilities, like with the first pet for Night Horrors not actually using all its abilities. But, in general, there is nothing wrong with tamers being more difficult. That is the point.

1 Like