Master of the Universe: Revelations

A lot of people are making the claim that it’s woke feminist garbage.

I just want to say without spoiling anything, I did not feel that way and if you like that franchise I would definitely consider watching it. I just finished all 5 episodes and it was actually quite good. It stands as another solid reason folks ought to ignore the mob when they demand you come to a conclusion because they said X or Y, and think for yourselves.

It ended on one hell of a cliffhanger though. Kudos to Kevin Smith.

4 Likes

Leaks were out last year and Kevin Smith said that leak wasn’t true. But now the show is out and leak was real. this show wasn’t about He-man at all. It just another beloved show that went woke and will go broke.

My husband and I both enjoyed this. I think it’s just time to stop caring what “reviewers” say and start forming our own opinions on these kinds of things again.

It was corny and yeah, there were certain vibes, but so what? If you remember the original series, those were more corny.

I mean I keep seeing people making good reviews of The Stand remake, but personally I didn’t like it (I just really couldn’t get into Trashcan Man in the new one either).

1 Like

Main question about this show is…who was this made for? By looks of it, it wasn’t main for the fans and all hardcore fans are really pissed off. What made it worse is when you Kevin Smith lied about the leaks and accused Clownfish of lying. You need fans for this MU to move forward without them, this show will end up dead.

1 Like

The season is only half over, and out of 5 episodes Adam was only absent from 3. So no, the leaks havent been shown to be “real”.

You idiots have been saying this phrase for a DECADE now and its yet to be true. You would think due to the law of averages you would have been right at least once by now, but nope.

As for my view on the show, its ok. Cheezy and feels like an 80s cartoon for sure. Its very clearly MADE FOR KIDS, just like the original, and grown men who get worked up over it are just incel idiots.

3 Likes

Quote the whole statement next time you hack.

I mean, I grew up on it, had Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain, and was the original cartoon really that much more than an extended commercial?

2 Likes

This is what i dont get about the whole “controversy”.

The original cartoon was…NOT GOOD. Not even by kids standards.

And then this show comes along and tries to actually develop the plethora of characters and the world with an actual story and people want to get outraged?

Im a upper aged millennial and i know damn well most of the people freaking out about it never actually watched it. I just dont get it…

3 Likes

I mean, with a lot of these outrages it’s seems like it’s never people who were actually into the things stirring up trouble, it’s people who have a political agenda making up an outrage to try and recruit some of the fandom into their movement.

1 Like

Everyone.

Look, I enjoyed He-man as a kid, but anytime I watch the original now, I realize it was kind of cheesy, but it was still good. I enjoyed this version because the storyline was actually interesting (despite the corniness).

Have you actually watched it? Because it’s a lot better than these 'reviewers" are making it out to be.

It’s just like the Warcraft movie problem people have: it wasn’t 100% perfect. I get the mentality because I’m like this with a ton of Stephen King movies (especially with The Dark Tower because that was just bad).

However, this was not technically a “He-man” show, this is “Masters of the Universe: Revelations.” But I do understand that they’ve been hyping it as He-man. But I had recalled seeing articles beforehand on some of what the story was about.

But I liked the more streamlined storyline. The apparent “controversial” stuff I didn’t feel any of those kinds of vibes with Teela and if there were? So what?

Now the whole “By the power of Greyskull” scene, the vibe that scene had gave me a chuckle. But in a good way. I see they decided to go a little more making Prince Adam look less like his alter ego and I get why they did that.

And no, the writing wasn’t all that perfect or great, but I liked all of it none the less.

Orco is awesome looking also.

2 Likes

Teela was focus of this story not Prince Adam/He-man and Teela acted like whining spoiled brat. All the hard-core fans are upset how He-man was put aside when he was the face of Master of the Universe. Even now, the fans are review bombing on rottentomatoes. Personally idc about this show and had read the leaks and had no interest.

Yea…about that… another reason fans are upset with this show.

True, but we didn’t see a body. For all we know he’ll come back. I get that people said he was dead, but is he really? Death does not seem to stick, for reasons I’ll not state.

Season 2 is definitely going to be interesting. Especially given how death may or may not be the final word on Eternia. Dying or nearly dying is not a end-all-be-all it seems.

And now, After the fail once again of Netflix and trying to revive series of 80 for children of today heh… filthy fools…

that’s stupid Netflix Kevin Smith and Noelle Stevenson have done the same thing they have insulted Lou Sheimer’s work has worked for years.

And Stewie Griffin affirms it.

We will sell bad things to the children (I said it but Blizzard i flagged) while we insult the mistakes of the past and at the same time condemn ourselves even more for forgetting it.

YEP, full HIPOCRESY while Netflix destroys our childhoods by forced inclusion, lack of ideas, and abusive way of making money in vain.

That is if you call yourself what to do business and not remember its main roots.

What in the wide world of sports are you on? The new He-Man was far from lacking in ideas and there wasn’t anything forced down our throats. I found the show to be quite fun as an 80’s kid who grew up watching the original and thought it did a great job picking up where the original left off. I applaud what they did in the first episode.

And as far as what Netflix is doing to our childhood? Maybe you should step back and watch the War for Cybertron series that they have been doing with Rooster Teeth. It’s by far the best thing for Transformers fans to have come out in an incredibly long time. And this season seeing them include Beast Wars in the story line was hands down a blast. Beast Wars was and has always been my favorite part of the franchise. And I bet hands down this will have been better than whatever the new movie does with Beast Wars.

2 Likes

I wonder which franchise Hollywood will destroy next.

2 Likes

“woke feminist garbage” ugh :nauseated_face:

statements like this are why we are woke feminists

2 Likes

I mean he’s popular in hollywood now, but really, what kind of horse hockey is this painting Silent Bob as not a fan?

Seriously? You just need to tell me as Kevin Smith that your trailer was not a clickbait (seriously, I put a like and gave hope to his series until I knew that it was a backslash as he represents it) and yet it was very easy to fool the viewer as the Hulk in Infinity War trailer and your NOPE to the stupid pseudo-actor Rufallo.

And for the last thing when you know why this Kevin Smith crap failed, there is always a platinum rule in writers.

And it is: If you want the public to come to a conclusion in your work, you have to show enough elements to reach this.

Because everything that was in HE-MAN of the 80’s and 2002 you have to interpret it with GENERAL CULTURE as having a certain level of study (this indicates that the 20th century shows on TV are already relics of the past) at a basic level concluded, which would limit your TARGET audience from the age of 14 (which was focused as always on Netflix’s rats just like She-ra’s Stevenson).

YOU CANNOT SAY THAT THIS GARBAGE IS FOR A CHILDREN’S PUBLIC, WHEN THE CONTEXT IS DIFFUSE.

You cannot offer a product for children when old people like us would only understand it.

This is what episode 1 has done and all the crap that came in its season, brings characters whose motivations make us understand if you are a veteran of the 80s, while for a new generation they do not make them understand who is what, making us think that the viewer already knows.

It’s ridiculous and sadly it doesn’t have a plot other than an Orko who kills him the first time and a Teela who is boring, BORING.

And surely those who saw its end turned out to be like a miracle TOUCHDOWN in football with self-esteem, and all the Digimon 02 final chapter style garbage.

In the end, As long as you focus more on Teela for forced inclusion, you will never have a target audience, you will only be a patch of unfinished ideas.

Yeah like Sylvanas in the raid ending.

1 Like

I came home to my friend watching the new series. Only watched a little bit, so I don’t really have an opinion. It’s amusing, though, to see people get into such an uproar over shows like this considering the original only existed to sell toys and take advantage of lax protections against direct advertising towards children. Go watch the He Man episode of The Toys That Made Us on NetFlix because that’s exactly what happened. First a comic was spontaneously mentioned during a sales pitch to help get their product into the 2nd largest toy chain. Then, in response to Toys R Us telling them a 5 year old doesn’t read, they say “oh did I fail to mention the 2 one hour specials we will be airing about the show?

3 Likes

I have to repeat what Stewie really said, and so far together with the Thundercats, follow that formula.

That is why it makes me feel sad for me, seeing that I saw this series as a child at 3 years old and I never cared about what it really is.

Up to now.

And that the animated series that I saw most often was Tom & Jerry yeah … full violence for kids no problems.

1 Like