'Master of Harmony' is a bizarre missed opportunity in flavor and why it should be Kombucha

I’m posting this now, in hopes that it can get some support to change it before the tree actually drops.

The as of yet unreleased final hero spec is Master of Harmony. It is a shared spec between Brewmaster and Mistweaver. Given it’s totally bland and non-descriptive name, it’s clear that they didn’t have an idea of what those specs have in common that could unify into one specific theme. To me though, it couldn’t be more obvious:

Both specs brew things. Brewmasters brew beer. Mistweavers brew tea.

Simple as that. I’ve mained Brewmaster since it released because I love the fantasy of the brewing, and the beer, and being a drunken brawler. Neither of their hero specs include this in their fantasy at all. If you want the martial arts angle you have Shado-pan, if you want the spiritual angle you have the celestials. The third should be focused on the brewing.

So which should they brew, tea or beer? Well fortunately there is already a real thing that is halfway between tea and beer: Kombucha! Kombucha is fermented tea that will often become alcoholic. I think some sort of kombucha brew should be the central unifying ability of the hero tree.

Any thoughts? Is anybody here actually looking forward to the flavor behind ‘Master of Harmony’?

1 Like

Hopping in on this. I also hope it is all about brews, but I don’t see how the name Matter of Harmony can’t be that. Tea houses and ale houses bring people together in harmony. That’s what Chen Stormstout is all about: enjoying good brew.

I didn’t think they need to change the name. And I have high hopes that it is all about tea and brew!

I particularly hope they give mistweaver some fun jade tea interactions with crackling jade lightening to make non-fistweaver more entertaining offensively.

Heh, I see what you did there.

1 Like

Lol not intentional but now I wish it was