Massive stutters with DF client

Still no update

I’m sure they are just waiting for this post to die so they can ignore the issue lol

That’s why we gotta keep posting.

Merry Christmas, everyone! I found that it can solve the problem of “Stuck” temporarily. If you use Nvidia video card, please change the video card driver from the game ready version to the studio version. Because the studio version is developed for engineering projects, it is more stable in all aspects. The latest version of the studio is 527.56. After I updated it to the studio version, I found that the utilization of the video card has improved a lot, even if the CPU load is 100%, The picture will not be stuck in a moment. If this method is effective for friends using NVIDIA graphics card, please reply me in time!

In one word: No. The studio drivers have all the same stuff baked into them as the game ready drivers do, in terms of what they do with a game. If both the GRD and SD drivers are on the same version, like 527.56, then they will both perform pretty much identically with a game, assuming you benchmark them identically by wiping shader caches in between. They will reuse the GRD caches when you swap to the same XXX.XX SD version, which is a sign that the drivers are using the same internal shader revision levels(if they aren’t equal, it forces drivers to recompute shaders if there are differences in the code that would change how they are compiled), which means they would both compute the shaders identically. You can read the release notes for them and you’ll see them including the exact same updates as the regular game ready drivers.

Studio drivers just tend to be updated more slowly vs game ready drivers being updated more frequently, but also having a higher rate of potentially breaking things. Think of GRD as bleeding edge and SD as recommended/tried and true. Source: I’ve been running both types of drivers for many years for both gaming and for working in the game industry.

In the AMD world, it’s kind of similar to how the recommended driver version was 22.5.1 for most of the year until this most recent release. Basically, that 22.5.1 version was the SD version and anything after that was GRD until they finally hit a point of stability that they bumped up the recommended version to 22.11.2.

1 Like

Did a clean install of the Studio Driver and whilst it did nothing with the sound enabled, I have noticed my performance is less stuttery when the sound is disabled. So try this if you want. It’s a harmless thing and is just time consuming. :slight_smile:

Using studio drivers for gaming is like putting slicks on your daily driver.

I dont have much of a problem in game but when i first log in or swap to another toon for rge first few seconds the game is froze never have had this problem in any version of wow up till this exapc

4 Likes

i got 40fps in Waking Shores with a i7 10700k and a 2060 super wtf

Dont forget Pawg, we know you have no reason to be here. Other than trolling and being argumentative that is. But thank you for giving us a break of your banality for a week. You are my favorite inverse pakled…

1 Like

Yesterday I Landed in Valdrakken around 6:30 central US time and the City was practically empty , maybe 3 people max. obviously due to the Holiday. I could Fly around (DragonRiding) , move around with my mount or without , no Stuttering what so ever , It felt so great. So I know what my issue is. I cannot speak for Blizzard but I can speak for myself. This is an Annoyance possibly why there has been no acknowledgement from the part of Blizzard. As for the Sound what good is playing the Game without sound? Music ok but Total loss of sound?

Still having this problem even if Blizzard wants to pretend that it doesn’t exist.

3 Likes

Dropping my sound settings to the lowest amount of channels and cache size, practically eliminated my stuttering issues, Open world content was unplayable in groups, now I can at least play with decent FPS and no more stuttering.

1 Like

Does it sound terrible like that? I may try this instead of music…

They just don’t want us to play with sound because deaf people

I still have music and all effects on, I just dropped the channels and cache size to the lowest settings.

1 Like

So you’re lowering the CPU load.

What Windows version are you on and is it up to date as in 22H2?
What CPU are you using? (certain models of AMD CPUs had issues with fTPM causing stuttering in games and could be corrected with bios updates)
Do you have memory integrity enabled? (start button=>type device security=>it will be under core isolation)

It’s possible that the soundcard drivers aren’t fully 100% okay with the Windows security protections and that it’s making them go through a lot more hoops to complete their tasks. That, or the drivers might not be fully optimized with all the newer changes to the OS. A lot of people use built in soundcards like Realtek and they have terrible drivers usually.

Maybe a 5090 Ti GDDR7W and a 8950X3D will get rid of the stutters, cause no system I’ve tested so far have.

1 Like

I have a Ryzen 7 5800X Fresh WIndows 11 Install all up to date. Memory integrity turned off. BIOS on latest.

Post a DXDIAG report so that we can check out your other drivers then.