Massive stutters with DF client

The stuttering actually seems to be getting worse with every weekly maintenance. Whatever you guys are doing, please stop doing it.

4 Likes

Man performance wise, technical wise, server wise, this has been the worst expansion in awhile.

I was doing soup event, and 3 mins before ends…“world server down” . O thats great. IN addition to playing without sound to keep the stuttering away, now im wasting time trying to log into the game…

Not to mention the azure span lag, the dreaded critical errors 134#, log in times, server down, I mean nothing is getting fixed here. Just more and more problems keep popping up. NOTHING IS GETTING FIXED. I HAVE BEEN IN THIS THREAD FOR 3 MONTHS AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO LEAVE THIS FORUM. SADLY MORE CRAP KEEPS BREAKING ALL THE TIME.

7 Likes

I have been having the same stuttering/lag. I was looking through things and I noticed my power plan was set to Razor Cortex power plan so I changed it and the stuttering seems to have eased. No idea if the stuttering will come back but it’s been an hour and so far it’s an improvement.

I installed a new video card and used Driver uninstaller and cleaned house , Drivers for the Video card and Sound. I have less Stuttering but it does pop up from time to time. When I did a quest going back in time , it ran smooth as butter which was nice , as did all the previous expansions with my system.

I give up guys, been trying everything i can to resolve this issue, hours diging up on all forums with posts relating the same issue, but no lucky. I even tried rolling back to a clean w10 and game install, nothing. Was hoping on this weekly maintence could resolve the issue, came from work and Just tried a M+ and the micro stutters is taking all the fun from the game for me. The FPS seems stable(100+) but the game feels like is constantly freezing, the camera movement isnt smooth at all. Im quiting until they can find a solution, is driving me mad.

8 Likes

Did you try disabling all sounds? Its not ideal but it does work for some people.

turning off all audio seems to lower the stuttering pretty substantially for now. thanks for the help.

1 Like

Getting this as well as of today, not sure why.

New weekly reset with many fixes, but nothing about this problem and it’s still the same.

Edit: seems they always manage to add new store items without any problems…

9 Likes

I’m getting this in Wow Classic Wrath, raids are extremely choppy this week for some reasons, it was very smooth until yesterday’s raid.

I can’t tell about Pawgwalker behavior but updating your BIOS is very important nowadays, especially if the motherboard is very new and was just released to the world. When I was a computer tech a couple of years ago, we fixed many issues just by updating BIOSes, something that wasn’t as important 10+ years ago. Bioses are bigger and more complex than before and are prone to more issues as a result.

1 Like

Like I said before, if someone was having a issue IN ALL GAMES NOT JUST WOW, then yes maybe a BIOS update is the answer. But when WOW is the only game with issues, no its not going to fix anything.

BIOS updates are like if your having compatibility issues with hardware, or severe performance issue IN ALL GAMES NOT JUST WOW. This is not needed for a stuttering issue in WOW only.

Lets say he did the BIOS update. And it did not fix the problem. Was it worth the risk? Or the trouble? Nope. Risk vs reward. There is no reward in this and a lot of risk. Especially if the person is novice with BIOS update. All it takes is a random power outage and ur screwed.

I am sorry but this kind of advice is irresponsible.

5 Likes

Huh yeah for sure, I was just saying in general that keeping bios updated is a good thing, it wasn’t related to WoW at all because current choppiness isn’t bios related at all.

Exactly. Encouraging a novice to do one of these BIOS updates is just wrong man. And I hate when people do this. It will not fix this issue with WOW. Its all risk…and no reward…

3 Likes

Updating, I am still dealing with not only ingame stutter, but it also slows down the whole computer even if I alt+tab the game.Screws the whole thing.

Hello, have there been any updates about resolving these issues since this blue post? I don’t say much on the forums but it’s been over two weeks since we’ve heard an update and many of us are still heavily impacted.

Another blue post on any progress would really be appreciated.

Thank you :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hi guys, I practically don’t use the forums, but is the situation close to being resolved? the situation is unsustainable

5 Likes

As of now it is not, but if you spend some money on the store sale they have going, it might be prioritized higher.

6 Likes

I have a 165hz monitor but instead of capping fps at 160 I have tried capping much lower. Down to 90fps. (using nvidia game setting) This seems to be giving me some relief while still having all sound on.
I wanted to try this because it seemed the folks running at lower fps weren’t having as many problems.
For those of you running high fps try this and let me know if it helps.

Still no update 1.7k replies

6 Likes