Massive stutters with DF client

The asset pop does remind me of what happens to assets when you phase into a different gameworld state from another. But that’s all blizz side. No one can seem to do much about that. Seems to be relatively the same from view distance settings 7-10, across all systems I’ve seen wow on that weren’t bad PCs including my own, and all of them have microstutters happening when the pop in occurs. On larger pop in loads, the stutter is a full on noticeable stutter rather than a microstutter. But I’m honestly done trying to do anything about it because all my drivers are fully up to date and its only happening in this game so why even bother anymore. I’ll try to play something else that isn’t a disappointing pre-alpha ravaged warzone of stutters and missing asset/texture looking garbage. Interesting expansion, I think? hahah. Haven’t really been able to enjoy it so don’t really know if it’s fun or not. I’m definitely not having fun. Maybe I’ll resub next expansion when they finally fix this rubbish 2 years later. If they ever do that is.

1 Like

You realize I read nothing you write anymore, right? Because it’s absolute garbage that hasn’t helped anyone in the history of this entire thread and I just really don’t care. But go ahead and ping me anyway lmfao. Howl into the wind, level 10 boogeyman from dalaran who works in tech support, somewhere. Is it Dell? Nvidia? Windows? Microsoft products in general? It’s probably one of those, since they seem to always have some of the most useless standard troubleshooting equipped unhelpful tech support staff in the tech world. My money’s still on neither, and that you’re just some troll who gets their kicks on tech support forums for the same unknown reasons that people catfish other people on dating sites. Best of the best of the best, sir! Haha.

6 Likes

He is quite interesting is he not?

Complains that everyone posts too much, and yet has over 100 posts in this thread alone.

Complains that everyone is posting on a alt, while posting on a alt.

Complains that people are trolling and are offtopic, while trolling and being as condescending as possible.

Says people are not trying the suggestions he offers, while belittling them saying there issue is not important and or does not effect alot of people.

I mean this is just off the top of my head. I could find examples of this peeps lunacy all freaking day long lol. You cannot make this stuff up lol…

6 Likes

I have tried all of his solutions because there basic common sense solutions any one capable of installing wow would have thought of non of them worked though because it’s an issues with blizzard not my pc

4 Likes

Dragonflight is a complete disaster. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I truly miss shadowlands and want that back over this dog crap. The performance and graphics were impeccably impressive compared to this indie game dragonflight.

5 Likes

This is continuely getting worse with each passing matainence.

5 Likes

Plot twist: They haven’t changed a single thing in the client rendering code since they corrected the CVAR that started this thread…

1 Like

There is no plot twist, get out of the thread already.

4 Likes

Plot twist: You are still trolling in a technical support thread. Grow up, and show your way out of the thread.

3 Likes

So it’s wrong to call out people falling for placebo/nocebo, that repeatedly spam the forums with unhelpful feedback and a lack of emperical evidence showcasing their claims? Wow, that really does make me a full-fledged troll…

1 Like

The irony…this is my last reponse to ya, it doesn’t help anyone, as i was just posting to update on my situation as i saw it.

Needs to be fixed, long overdue

2 Likes

You gotta be the most self aware person I have ever met on the internet. Here you are with your 100+ posts in this thread saying something like this. How many pairs of clown shoes do you have in your closet?

3 Likes

I will say I am still getting stutter. Disabling sound helped significantly but I know it’s there. As a subscribed customer I would greatly appreciate a realistic update on what blizzard considers an issue regarding the performance of dragonflight. Do we not deserve more honest and frequent updates to a service we subscribe to then what we are seeing?

A simple Google search can find people with this stuttering upon render or whatever it is all over. Reddit, eu forums and here. Please the silence from you is frustrating and I feel duped for paying for the six month sub.

What’s going on? Can you guys fix this? When can you realistically deploy said fix? Is it on the back burner?

11 Likes

It’s the same as the ancient blue troll posts about Onyxia deep breathing more each patch that players would insist on every single reset, even though the code didn’t change…

Higher CPU requirements in 10.0 and like I’ve said, along with blues now, there are some Windows/Nvidia/AMD issues going on in the mix as well. There might be some things Blizzard could do to tone back CPU thread usage, but I’m pretty sure they’d rather just wait for them to iron out whatever kinks are going on, before having to go back and refactor a ton of code. It’s going to take time to work it all out. It could be days, could be weeks, could be months. For now, the game can be played stutter free on most setups. As long as the majority of players aren’t experiencing the problem, I doubt they are going to do anything too crazy that might potentially mess things up for the majority.

1 Like

Go kick rocks. I have the system. You are not blizzard and you are truly unhelpful.

5 Likes

best just to ignore him, he’s been doing this to everyone in the thread.

3 Likes

I would like an official response as well. Without passing the blame and offering no solution. And no, I’m not talking to you Pawgwalker. Not sure why you continually reply to every comment in this thread like your whole existence depends on it but to each their own.

10 Likes

So why does it stutter on a fully stable 13900K at 5.8 GHz on all cores?

3 Likes

Yeeeahhh, stutter is way worse for me every consecutive maintenance period/“update” as well and I play without sound. I believe the sound thing helps, I mean it’s probably what helped me in the first place cause I never play without music and right after the first hotfix they did few days after oct 25th, I came back and shut music off to try and resume my normal preferred game settings. Wasn’t as bad. But to this day I’m still not convinced the sound thing is an actual fix.

Because without sound on, I’m still getting large and micro stutters everytime assets are loading into the game. The same assets that jarringly pop in to the game world. Textures, trees, rocks, large plants, fences, huge statues, npcs, enemies, players, textures, sometimes half of a mountain side, just trying to jump scare me. So since it also appears to be jump scaring the entire game into having an unfortunate stuttering problem, would be nice if there was some fix coming for the pop in/stutter.

Got 5 days left on my sub tho so doubt I’d see any effort from Blizzard to fix it before then. Until then, continue on with no sound and a staggering 15% less stutter I guess hahaha

They gave you one nine days ago:

They didn’t include AMD in there, but it’s also going on with AMD now as well. There are just far fewer AMD cards on the market than Nvidia(they make up 80-90% of PC GPUs if you exclude Intel iGPUs). Both AMD and Nvidia have both been having tons of issues lately due to changes to Windows.

1 Like