Massive stutters with DF client

If I knew coding and the WoW engine, I’d send some help to Blizzard. The silence makes me think they don’t have a clue.

If anyone can open up and check their tasks and see how many instances of Wow EXE the game and the Client are running I have two EXE’s Running I manage to end one task but when I try to end the 4 or 5 others (client) it just shuts the whole game down. I am using Chrome and running Windows 10. I can Confirm that unticking SOUND clears the Stuttering and Hitching for me it Runs smooth as butter but there is really no point in playing without sound. I thought it might be a Driver issue I have a SoundBlaster Z and there are no new Drivers. If I tick the sound I get small Random Stutters and Hitching but gone with it unticked no sound so it’s wait and see for me I guess.

Just have two, WoW and WoW Voice Proxy.

Count me in as another person who has been plagued by the stuttering since the pre patch. Turning off sound seems to help with the stuttering quite a bit. Going to leave it off and see how it continues.

2 Likes

Same here.

Might be premature, but this looks like it may have been fixed with Friday’s maintenance. I didn’t get it when logging in just now. Can anyone else confirm?

Nope, still feels like PC is dying for 2 seconds on login (when opening the game, not relog/reload).

2 Likes

Right you are - must have been just a one-off, still doing it.

1 Like

I’ve been checking this thread since pre-patch. Nothing to add that hasn’t already been covered here. Wouldn’t normally post, but feel somewhat compelled to add my voice to this issue - I suspect that there are many more people affected by this than have posted in this thread.

Disappointed with how this has been managed, but not surprised. It’s made what is otherwise a good expansion just… not fun. I’ve unsubscribed. Hopefully this will be fixed by the time my game time runs out. If it’s not, I will be pretty happy to spend time and money on something less frustrating.

13 Likes

can you please fix this blizzard the only thing I’m even doing atm is arenas because that’s the only thing that’s remotely playable

2 Likes

Lol ikr it got even worse today. Like NOW I’m finally getting stutter.

2 Likes

People that are having the stuttering need to try the sound trick ( turn sound effects or all sound off ) and report back here. Myself and many others have found this to work for our issues. The more people we have HOPEFULLY MAYBE they figure out a freaking fix ASAP.

O btw the sound trick worked for my friend that thought “my video card was getting old”. He is back to smooth buttery gameplay as well now.

I honestly do not like playing like this lol. I enjoy music but it makes me hard to pay attention to dungeon mechanics as I am prone to zone out and daydream while music is playing lol…

Fix ASAP plz blizzard…

Thank you.

2 Likes

What are your system specs? I have a high end 5950x/3090 PC and found disabling sound did not remove the huge frame stutters. Another forum member here (Shyspy) who has access to a large number of new build PCs noticed no difference either.

It may be that disabling audio helps for some, but certainly not all.

1 Like

INTEL CORE I7-10700F
32 gig of RAM
2060 super
ASUS TUF GAMING B460M PLUS
WINDOWS 10
750W GOLD PSU
2TB INTEL 660P NVME M.2 SSD

You know I have noticed ALOT of 3000 series cards in this thread. Like so many its kinda nuts. Maybe its a separate issue idk…

Anyways playing without sound has gotten rid of 98% of the stutters for me. I think this thread is dealing with like 6-7 different issues and its pretty confusing. I really wish they left the thread to the title of the thread only…b/c you know that makes sense…

1 Like

If anyone here knows anyone having this issue please encourage them to post about it here if they haven’t already. Ask around in game and see if your friends or guildies will add their voice, the more people barking the more pressure there is to address and fix this.

I’d actually like to play honestly, but at this rate I won’t even be able to until catch-up mechanics are implemented in like a year. Thanks Bliz!

5 Likes

Having the same issue
5600x
32gb ram
3060 ti
windows 11
disabling sound gets rid of pretty much all the stuttering. Weird thing is i can have sound on in dungeons without stuttering except something seems to trigger a stutter randomly after the last mob of a pull dies. It will do this the rest of the dungeon but if i run the same dungeon again it wont.

2 Likes

I think most of them are related, actually. The sound, the stutter, the asset popping, the shadow flicker, and the graphic model artifacting all seem to play off each other. I can manipulate each by messing around with one or more of the other settings that are associated with these.

Like last night, on character select screen, my dracs chest armor was artifacting bad. Like the entire skin of the chest piece looked like it was made of bad black and silver glitter. When I logged in, it was no longer artifacting. But then my sword was. A reboot of the game made it disappear. And I find it interesting this ONLY started happening after yesterday’s “patch” whatever they did.

Also, interestingly, it occured as shadows were doing their flickering thing again. the same time of night as last time too.

Messing with sounds, colors, shadows, and other things helped reduce it. But ultimately rebooting the game a couple times made it go away.

This is the only game in YEARS I have seen this kind of crap happen.

2 Likes

Disabling sound and restarting the game improves my frametime across Win10/11 (Afterburner), macOS (iStat) and Linux (CoreCtrl), but the stutters are pretty much the same sadly.

1 Like

I just want to chime in and say that I’m having the stuttering problem as well. Unfortunately, disabling sound did not help at all; nor did trying out different graphics settings and whatnot.

Core i7 - 11800H
32 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
2 TB SSD
Windows 11

1 Like

Yep that kind of makes sense. Removing additional overhead from the CPU by disabling audio will improve framerate and frame time in general (which I suspect is what many are reporting here as fixing the issue they are seeing). However, as you mentioned, the giant but short duration drops in framerate which manifest as stutter when loading in players/npcs/assets are very much still present.

4 Likes