Massive stutters with DF client

I have 2 computers 1 with NVDia 3070 and 1 with AMD, forget, but both have stuttering/lag esp in combat

2 Likes

just upgraded my ram to double what i had previously and got a designated graphics card and i was easily hitting 60fps (with vsync and addons on) prior to prepatch, now it struggles to get past 45fps without vsync and addons. i’m very disappointed to hear that this was an issue in the alpha/beta/ptr and it still wasn’t addressed. please fix this ASAP

2 Likes

Yup I got this too.

7700x, Rtx 4090, Windows 11.

I don’t think I will play DF at this state.

3 Likes

Same issue here. 10 fps standing in town.

Before 10.0 was around 90 fps.

Any updates?
Thanks!

1 Like

Can confirm the same issue.

It’s very noticeable when first logging in or going to a new area. 100-170 fps before, now drops to 60ish at times. Seems like a texture streaming issue honestly.

1 Like

Also getting stutters

1 Like

Yep, if I stand in a new area for about 10-15 seconds, things cache and then it’s okay. But those first few seconds the game is absolutely unplayable. I haven’t even tried an instance or pvp yet. Here’s hoping this is something that can be correct on Blizzard’s side. It sounds like a ton of people reported this same issue from the PTR/Beta

1 Like

Jumping on the bandwagon, FPS drops everywhere when moving or panning camera.

I also noticed that when I log in, many assets are textureless for a second and then things load up. Hunter pets are especially noticeable since they’re right by me.

As someone above mentioned, it seems to get better the longer you wait, like textures aren’t cached properly and they’re taking time to load in (this is why we have fog and low draw distance).

I also noticed that assets “pop” in at very short distances, instead of just fading in from a longer distance. Seems like things just aren’t loading when they should. Icons on the mini-map blink in and out randomly, even though I’m within range of them (like a flight master).

This reminds me of issues we had back in Cata where entire zones would lag and textures refused to load, many of which showing the checker board “texture” indicating “hey, this thing needs color”.

4 Likes

Terrible performance since patch and hasn’t gotten any better. WAY worse in cities compared to before and now I lag out in the world and in dungeons… The fps drops are more severe and noticeable now near unplayable in some situations.

This is why I didn’t preorder and I’m glad I didn’t because I’ll be skipping DF if these things aren’t fixed soon.

32gigs of ram
NVME drive
intel I7-10870H

3 Likes

Still not the cause of the issue, my desktop 5950x and 3090 is having these frame problems too. And im pretty sure those 2 things meet the requirements (:

3 Likes

Can we all report this here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20112697?utm_source=ki_reddit&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ki_PRE10

I’m surprised why this is not being tracked already…

6 Likes

really hope they dont just ignore the problem <_<

1 Like

Cant say for sure… a bunch of us have been reporting these issues since Alpha/Beta

1 Like

I’m also here to vent my frustrations about the unplayable stuttering after prepatch. Not even a hiccup before, and now I’m reading this was present in beta? Blizzard keeps finding new ways to disappoint me. It’s crap like this that prevents me from pre-ordering anything, so at least I have that going for me.

4 Likes

Same issue. 5700xt on latest drivers, 3700x, 16gb ddr4@3200, Gen 3 NVMe m.2. Locked game to 60 fps, never had a stutter or even a frame drop in my entire shadowlands experience. Extreme stuttering//hitching with only a couple frames shown dropped. Seems to happen around other player characters more frequently when moving camera. Will upload video w//link when i re log. I seriously hope this is fixed ASAP because its actually unplayable. Was about to purchase DF too lol

Edit: first time posting on forums, not sure why its got a classic toon but this is in retail if it wasn’t obvious.
Double Edit: i also disabled all addons and deleted WTF folder just in case. No change

1 Like

Same issue. At first i thought it was something related to big cities, but i’m also having these stutters on non-crowded areas.
R7 5800X
6600 XT
32GB 3600Mhz
1TB SSD NVme M.2
Windows 10

Hey there everyone,

Seems like there are a ton of reports of these issues suddenly popping up. Just to make sure we rule out any conflicts can I have you all uninstall any addon managers like Overwolf and Reset Your UI?

If you’re still having trouble after this troubleshooting, please generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. Copy the code below, then copy/paste everything from that DXDiag file between the rows of tilde (~) marks where it says “DXDiag goes here.”

~~~~
DXDiag goes here
~~~~

If the file’s too large to submit, you can upload it to a file hosting site like pastebin and post the link in the code above instead. This will give us a bit more info we can use to see what you all have in common which will help the Quality Assurance team and devs look for bugs with the client.

19 Likes

I will say that resetting seems to have stopped the micro stuttering when i would cast dark transform on my pet. Going to run a Solo shuffle see that. Than slowly add back addons. Annoying to redo everything.

Resetting didn’t help my stuttering

7 Likes

can confirm, beta was a mess for me. Soooo many little stutters.

3 Likes