Massive stutters with DF client

That solved a problem with my gpu being maxed out, but now I’m just randomly stuttering and crashing. Not sure if my problem is the same as everyone else here though.

Update? Still having issues.

2 Likes

I second this. It’s under Start>Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings, turn it off. Please report your results.

I have noticed increased stutter when assets are loading in, either when flying around the world or in busy cities. Its not game breaking for me by any means but it is distracting and takes away from the game immersion.

There has always been a small hitch when loading alot of assets but with the DF patch it got noticeably worse.

-5900× B550 Mobo
-rtx3060ti
-samsung 980 pro Nvme
-32g ddr4 3200 ram
-Win10 21H2
-HAGS disabled, Re-Bar enabled

3 Likes

Same here. When assets are loading in!

3 Likes

game still stutters

1 Like

My game legit just freezes when loading in or changing even a single minor option in game. Before this none of that happened but recently it is just so bad.

2 Likes

Turning off Ray Tracing fixed it for me, thank you for this suggestion. Nothing else I was doing was working till this. I hope more people see your suggestion and try and see if it works for them.

1 Like

Can you provide a link of Nvidia saying they are aware and working on it? A friend wants to look into this more and I couldn’t find anything with a google search related to this. I have turned it off myself and about to see if it helps. I’m running 526.47 drivers atm so I’m not even sure if Nvidia has fixed this or not.

I’m curious as to how PTR and Beta are doing and if they have this issue.

I really want to keep my sub so I can play dragonflight but it’s already almost the 5th and asset pop in is still really really bad. Theres been literally no change whatsoever. I’m starting to get worried that it’ll be here for some time, well into Dragonflight launch. Which, would be disastrous for me, and likely everyone else in this thread.

I want to trust you but I’ve been burned so many times in the past by video game companies that it’s difficult to. So I just sure hope your team is also acknowledging the 60yrd-5yrd range asset pop in issue some of us are complaining about.

If not, I can only hope it’s related to everyone’s general complaints of stuttering and will be fixed when/if you fix their stuttering. It crossed my mind because a fair amount of people reporting stuttering issues are also noticing it happening alongside the asset pop-in.

Thanks for saying something. And I sure hope this is a priority so we can play again. I mean, I haven’t even played since prepatch phase 1 released. It’s getting to the point now where holding a sub is looking like kind of a waste of money and making me look like a fool for spending it on something I’m not even using anymore.

2 Likes

It’s. In one of the post on the nvidia Reddit. Nvidia rep said they were aware and were almost at the root of the problem

And no it was not fixed on the new drivers.

Go to section 3.2 on the additional notes on the driver on nvidia website. Open the pdf file with driver info and it’s there , dwn issue is there after a bunch of us brought it to their attention. The rep replied before this new hot fix driver came out but no fix with it. Hopefuly in the next version, but he acknowledged it

1 Like

Is this in regards to only the stuttering or the pop-in as well?

so dwn high usage was affecting games yes. but DF client is broken. dwm is just making things worse

1 Like

How do you even break such a long established and reliable graphics engine? I’m equal parts disappointed and impressed.

4 Likes

Easily: You have a moving three body problem. Microsoft making OS/DWM changes, Nvidia making driver changes that interact with the OS/DWM changes and Blizzard making a game that interacts with the OS/DWM/driver changes. Technically, there are more factors, but these are the main three players.

2 Likes

Not a windows nor an nvidia gpu user here, same issues persist.

I haven’t tried it yet. However, I would assume that if it had indeed been fixed there we would have received an update from the blue.