Massive stutters with DF client

It’s not quite working for me, the game still feels choppy and full of stutters. Albeit , slightly reduced. Fingers crossed that Blizz has some glorious patch/solution to this problem. On a personal note, such a fix would allow me to buy Dragonflight wink Blizzard, I’ll literally give you money for a fix

Go make a new post on a new sub forum. This is not the place.

You can call it whatever you want. Until it is clearly written as solved by blizzard, it is not. You cant go around and twist my words just because the fix is not working out for you. Since I have a high end gaming pc, it did solve my problem.

Trust me Mr/Mrs Blue poster… after 20 years I think we all know to disable/uninstall all addons and do a reset by now.

10 Likes

Yeah, no, its behaving exactly the same as it did before I did this.

1 Like

Wait… I’ll be damned, the config file never saved properly the first time. I did it again. No Stutter!

1 Like

still having issues, but I appreciate a possible solution

SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0”

Changing this fixed it for me thank you!

Tired of people claiming it’s a 100% fix, it’s not. It’s a start, but before this patch it was silky smooth.

8 Likes

Omg seriously… no one said it was a 100% fix. Only blizzard can do that…

1 Like

Thanks so much for the find! And yes, this was a total fix for me.

I’ve been dealing with this stutter on PTR/beta for ages and now I’m back to retail smooth we all expect.

(Also, super disappointed bliz let this make it to production - I had assumed it was background debugging before)

1 Like

It’s definitely better after changing the config file (which I have never had to do once in almost 15 years before this) but it isn’t 100% fixed. So I think we can confirm it is related to shader cache. Thing is, I was having this problem in retail at least 2 weeks before the pre-patch went live and no one else was talking about it. I DID download and play the PTR awhile ago, and I know they use some of the same files. Wondering if that is what started it.

3 Likes

Check your graphics settings and make sure they are the same as they were before. It reset everyone’s settings to defaults. This SET flag fix does eliminate the main shader stuttering issues that people are having. Of course, there will still be other moments when your client will stutter from unrelated things, but the bulk of it was from that command.

Same, oribos has always been kinda stuttery but now the entire game is as unstable and stuttery as the DF beta client.

RTX 2070 Super
32 GB (3000 Mhz)

/run SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0”

That stopped the stuttering but the game still locks up after 5 mins. groan

2 Likes

I think that when loading the game there is some kind of crash and fps rises to very high values for a short time. Something similar was in the main menu of The Witcher 3.
Max Foreground FPS Toggle checkmark work for me and now it’s all ok.

at least for me the “directx 11 old” fix this framerate bugs

DxDiag info

https://pastebin.com/qFPGUGLQ

this fixed it for me thank you so much

So 10 minutes in after adding the shader 0 line to the config, I have it cranked to 10 again with ray tracing on high on an AMD 6900xt. Runs almost perfectly. Actually better than it did during shadowlands with RT enabled. They’ve definitely done some optimization there. There is still this micro stutter. It happens infrequently and is barely perceptible. They’ll fix this.