Massive stutters with DF client

I am alittle tired of pawg chiming in and thinks they know it all. Not only that every one of us knows it’s not our pcs it’s bliz I mean shoot these problems started when dragonflight started no other game does that.

9 Likes

Pawg just doesn’t stop, trying to convince people that absolutely everything PC related nowadays have performance problems. The cycle just repeats…

9 Likes

Cancelled my account until it’s fixed. Funilly enough, the cancel subscription button wasn’t there when I went to manage my Subscription. That implies that it’s already been cancelled and I definitely didn’t do it beforehand. For the extra measure I simply removed my payment method to make sure they get no more money out of me until they fix their broken game. I’ll keep checking this topic to see if/when it’s been resolved.

6 Likes

Add me to the list of people who also cancelled their sub until this is fixed. I stuck it out even throughout most of Shadowlands and BFA because at least those expansions didn’t stutter like crazy, despite the subpar content.

Doing stuff like the Dragon races are horrible, love missing a hoop because the game will just freeze randomly for a second.

10 Likes

catching up on ESO before Necrom release, playing with fps smooth as butter, I cancelled my WoW sub 1 week ago, and of the last month I must have played 2 days, before the patch my Wow experience was beautiful, I can’t enjoy an expansion with so many technical problems.

2 Likes

The summary of most of us in this thread…

In other news…
Stutters and fps drops were HORRIBLE today… Even in Vanilla, BC and Wraith areas… If it’s a bit better tomorrow than maybe resets, make it worse.

4 Likes

Does anyone else have a lag/ stutter in dungeons after weekly resets? the same thing happened like two weeks ago?

Any update from WoW or solution to this? i know last time this was fixed after addition resets.

2 Likes

Did some testing on the 10.0.7 PTR and it’s a little more stuttery and less fps than retail.

I tested the Variable Rate Shading (VRS) setting, and it takes GPU usage from 65% in non-intense areas, all the way down to 40% usage and along with it lower fps. Total incompetence from Blizzards side, of course the CPU usage remains high and causes even more bottleneck.

1 Like

I hate to be that guy, but I just bought a new PC and all of the horrible stuttering I was experiencing these lasts weeks has disappeared.

It’s not the super mega best PC out there, but it works surprisingly well with videogames.

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with 8 Cores and 3.4GHz (4.6GHz in Turbo)

• Cooler: SilentiumPC Spartan 05

• Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX3070 8GB VRAM (GDDR6,HDMI,DisplayPort)

• Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz (Crucial/Teamgroup)

• SSD: 1TB M.2 (Kingston/Crucial), NVMe, Read: up to 2000MB/s, Write: up to 1700MB/s

• Motherboard: MSI B550 A Pro (1 USB-C Gen 2 / 1 USB-A Gen 2 / 2 USB-A Gen 1 / 2x USB 2.0)

• WiFi: Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I WLAN card

Why hasn’t Blizzard replied or updated us on this issue at all since Dec.?

Stuttering getting worse the longer I play. (Not overheating)

intel 11370H
16 GB RAM
Nvidia 3060M
512 GB SSD
Realtek Sound

Game played smooth as butter before DF prepatch. I have dealt with this for months. It’s pathetic it is not fixed.

4 Likes

Similar specs but I have an Intel Core i5-12600K what sound driver do you use?

Tested last night with fresh install, no addons still stuttering. Worse than it was last week.

1 Like

I’ve tested an identical system at work with 3070 and 5700X, tho I assume different brands on the hardware, and WoW stuttered.

1 Like

Its sound related for a big bulk of us I think. Or the sound trick would not work for a large portion of us… I am interested in what sound driver / tech he is using.

1 Like

Most motherboards I know of uses Realtek drivers.

2 Likes

Yes. Stutters everywhere.

Are you on a laptop too? I see the M that’s why I ask.

Sound doesn’t help mine :frowning: I wish tho.

Mine does. And ASUS drivers.

1 Like

Driver longevity is kinda weird imo, since whenever a new motherboard model is out, the old ones receive less driver updates and at some point it stops. I still think old motherboards would benefit from latest sound driver at least.

1 Like

I agree with you having updates to BIOS and drivers benefit. And if a manufacture wants to approve and wants you using their updates then they need to competent enough to do proper updates.

1 Like

Laptop companies design and assemble everything themselves, using chips from companies like Nvidia. In doing so, they have to design the board to whatever fits their project requirements. For example, even though some 3060 mobile die might be rated for this clock speed, that voltage level, this thermal profile, etc, doesn’t mean the company like ASUS has put the right components on the board to fully drive it. So using non-manufacturer drivers can run you into trouble if they are trying to make the card do something that’s outside of its design parameters. That’s why you have to use their drivers and their drivers only, unless you want to run the risk of frying components like voltage regulators. With PC cards, they have fixed standards for everything and that’s why you can use whatever drivers you want usually.

So if you want more frequent updates, complain to them about it, not that it will do much. Unfortunately, thanks to capitalism, they likely aren’t going to spend a bunch of money to cater to a small minority of their consumerbase that want bleeding edge driver support.

Oh and one other note: For integrated components on PC motherboards, like sound card/wifi/chipset/etc, those drivers usually need to come from the manufacturer as well.

1 Like

She muted you a long time ago pawg, stop trying.

You are like the computer version of cat facts. Just random information at random times that makes little sense.

6 Likes

I have 1 second lock ups is this what you all are talking about? i have this problem too. nvidia 2070 intel i5 6 core

2 Likes