Massive Bug with WOTLK CLassic draining all gold

The “SLaves to Saronite” quest appears to be bugged and is currently draining all of a players gold. Every slave you interact with drains gold without any indicator so it’s possible to easily/quickly lose literally thousands without even noticing. Needs to be fixed/reverted ASAP… And it’s not fair to make people sit through the 30 day wait for a ticket response to get made whole for such a game-breaking bug… especially immediately before Ulduar launches

It’s posted in the Bug Report forum which is the right place for it to be. Posting here won’t get it looked at or resolved any faster.

2 Likes

Part of the issue isn’t just that it’s a bug… It’s the response time on getting made whole…

And this is on the day before a new raid… A time where having gold to spend is particularly important. It’s not reasonable to expect people to wait 30 days to get back the thousands of gold that this bug sucked up without warning/notice…

If it’s been posted in the Classic Bug Report Forum, then that’s all you can do. That’s the only way to get it in front of QA.

First off, ticket responses are not 30 days. Even at the peak of the fall issues, tickets were around 2 weeks, not 30 days. Now, ticket times are much lower, though still not very good.

Above all, there should be no tickets being made about this. GM’s do not fix bugs, nor do they forward information to QA. Once the issue is resolved, if the gold does not reappear, then it is very likely that it will be restored with a GM ticket. But wait until the resolution is known.

1 Like

Generally, they do not look at compensation until the bug is fixed. Fixing the bug may restore the gold naturally, so they do not do anything until the fix is done.

If the fix does not restore it naturally, it is likely that GM’s will be allowed to restore it. But that decision won’t be made until the issue is resolved.

1 Like

You have a whole lot of faith my dude lol…

I’ve been playing this game for almost 20 years now so… I know better.

1 Like

So have I, plus frequenting these forums for just as long.

None of that matters for this issue. Playing since launch or started yesterday, the process is what it is.

1 Like

It’s not though. Which is most of why this forum exists rofl… If the standard methods of reporting/ticketing/waiting were sufficient people would never need to post in the CS forums…
And yet…

Posting in the Customer SUPPORT forum is not a method of bypassing the ticket queue. Opening a ticket is the only way for a GM to see your issue.

But that’s not what’s happening here. This is a bug, and the process is you report it in the Bug Report Forum (which this thread has been moved to). They will make sure your gold is restored, but it does not happen before the bug is fixed.

1 Like

You must not frequent the CS forums much. You’re just empirically wrong.

What’s funny is I opened a ticket last night about this issue and someone responded telling me to submit a bug report on these forums. Kind of odd

No, it doesn’t. Playing for 20 years doesn’t make you properly informed, apparently.

Customer Support is not Customer Service. This forum is one for players to assist other players. It is also literally the only forum that no staff comes to to collect data or reports. There are no GMs, no Devs. Only our SFAs and they do not pass messages along. They’re here as more of an infodesk capacity and to keep us hoodlums in line.

So posting here? Literally does nothing, I’m afraid. Hopefully they’ll find a fix for you guys and soon.

Usually, it’s just a general “Post on the forums,” not specifically Customer Support. It’s up to the player to post to the most appropriate forum - which would be the Bug Forum in this case. Nothing can be achieved by posting here. I’m sorry. As I said above, I do hope it’s figured out and rectified quickly for all of you who are involved.

2 Likes

That’s a good one. :rofl:

You may want to read the sticky at the top of the CS Forum.

2 Likes

I’ve literally seen blues in the CS forum expedite or give information on tickets hundreds of times.

You’re just wrong. :man_shrugging: :kissing_heart:

No… I see you winding up to respond and you dont need to. Just accept you’re wrong and move on mijo. It’s ok

They can give information, but they do not answer tickets, or in this case, offer compensation for a bug.

If the gold is not restored naturally by QA fixing the bug, then GM’s will likely be empowered to do it through a ticket. Not through the CS Forum.

The link given has a very direct Blue response saying the forum is not an alternative to a Support ticket.

It’s quite ironic…

2 Likes

We’ll add irony to the list of things you don’t understand I suppose

I suppose you think Leilleath, also with years of experience in the CS Forum doesn’t understand either:

How many people do you need to tell you that you are wrong? Three? Ten? Over 9000?

2 Likes

You’ve seen the SFAs. They’re not GMs, they’re not Devs. Sometimes, they’re given special dispensation to help folks, like with the overflux of tickets jamming up the system. They were able to help people out by going in and deleting mail. That’s the most I’ve seen them do in ticket resolution in all of my years here.

So no, you’re wrong. Bugs go to the Bug Report forum. Tickets about it at this point are even more useless, because GMs do not fix bugs, only Devs do. The only way to get your issue seen by the proper staff is Bug Reports, or tweeting at @WarcraftDevs.

2 Likes