Mass reporting carries in chat

I just posted the message, the pricing may have been different so maybe that insulted someone? That was the general message though :slight_smile: people are legit just saying “REPORT ALL ADS” in trade chat which is meme.

If that’s legit going on I hope they get suspensions.

I only have your word. And on these forums, it doesn’t mean squat.

boosting would imply a group of people you know boosting another not just an individual selling his roll do one must ask

The “attitude in this thread” about being banned for posting a message (without spamming) that doesn’t violate ToS? Hmmm sorry dad maybe I’ll just be thankful! Thank you for your glorious insight into positive psychology, Dr. Sheldon.

I’d say appeal it based on this alone:

You did it, you found what was offensive about my messaging! I missed out on BTC so I was in a rush to get in before everyone else and just didn’t think about the wording which is EXACTLY what must’ve triggered people in chat to report :frowning:

I do surely hope that blizzard will forgive my shortcomings

Pretty sure they have a metric on me for reporting naming violations.

As for the topic on hand, there is nothing against reporting people for violating the new policy change. Going to the extreme and reporting everything on the other hand is going a bit beyond, but Blizz does sort those things out most of the time. Even if any false bans go out, people can put in an appeal.

Yah, it just creates a lot of extra work for blizz already because people are doing it to troll for the most part. Which ultimately just hurts the players who ACTUALLY need in game help lol and then blizz has to take the time to ban the people who are false reporting. Much more time spent fixing these issues because trolls don’t use Badboy addon or in game ignoring.

You realize there are catch-alls right? And that said catch-alls are typically left to the discretion of the community and blizz.

Being an annoyance to a large amount of people while not stepping on exact rules is still conduct unbecoming because it entails being annoyance. Of which blizz will sort out if it was done maliciously via mobcracy.

2 Likes

well good luck with all that

Are you talking about the group of 5-10 people on here who live on the forums 24/7 and have their own discord? I heard a while ago that they apparently mass flag any topic they don’t personally agree with, even if it doesn’t go against any kind of ToS.

2 Likes

If they report it in good faith that they believe that there is a TOS/EULA violation or whatnot, then it isn’t false reporting. If they knowingly report them for no reason, then it is.

It isn’t against the rules to report someone that you suspect of breaking the rules - it is Blizzard’s job to determine whether a rule has been broken or not.

If a player is getting unjustly banned or silenced automatically, then that is the fault of Blizzard’s reporting feature and not the player who in good faith reports those players in game.

That would be very true, if people weren’t legit in trade chat saying “report them all and keep them gone!” or others who PM you and you tell them the new rules and they say they’ll still report you lol

In Mal’Ganis trade chat right now –
[2] [Thiccmomma]: Do your part and report all boosters people. Take back trade chat!

Then that is between them and Blizzard. Report them back for doing that. I’m more than confident that they will get repercussions for doing this don’t worry. I am certain if they are false reporting in bad faith that action will be taken against them as doing that is against the rules

Which is exactly the point of the forum post. Blizz won’t be aware if they don’t see it somwhere.

BLizzard never looks at reports. They have their own systems in place for such stuff

They will see it in your report of course.

Yep, which is exactly why this can happen. They aren’t even doing MINIMAL cross referencing of “language” or “spamming” reports with chat data.

I have MULTIPLE screenshots of people posting in trade chat right now to REPORT ALL BOOSTERS and “[2] [Cdsnuts]: lol reports work boys, got some boosting spammers banned already”

That’s likely a troll, people say things just to play mind games