Marksmanship spec bonuses

owah, there was non ironic mm hunters? with how easy its to kill one? lmao

Genuinely agree. The perma volleys made it more fun (to me).

I think instead of volley even without trick shots, they should instead incorporate shadowlands S3 4-piece bonus. Spending focus gives you 1 charge of trick shots. Or incorporate that into a talent and leave the set bonus as is. Would help with 1-2 target fights without just giving volley for free.

s3 is the best.

The fact people chose season 1 and 2 baffles me.

3 is the only one that’s remotely been a decent bonus in Dragonflight. They’d have to buff the other 2 to extremes to make them even somewhat on par with season 3.

2 Likes

They did say that they would do exactly that tho

They’d never buff them to the extent they have to be buffed though.

Similar to the demonology set bonuses, where the math people for warlocks actually figured out one season would need a 350% buff to be viable compared to the other 2 lol.

Do you have a source

It’s Blizzard. That’s all I need to know.

I’d like to direct your attention to the T18 4pc bonus from HFC. THAT was the best MM set bonus ever, bar none. It was so liberating to get Aimed as an instant cast. I miss it and would absolutely love it in a talent tree (hero or regular).

1 Like

THIS! I think they need to bake the set in to our tree, it makes the spec feel very fluid.

I hate to agree with Maizou but he has a point. If they didn’t sufficiently tune the set bonuses during S1 and S2 I have no faith that they will do so for S4.

Also, I don’t think design and tuning are totally separate matters here. S3 is a better set bonus at an inherent design level and it would take extreme tuning to make the others competitive.

4 Likes

Only real issue is bosses like volcoroth whose center is “too far away” for our set bonus to place a volley, effectively making the set pretty useless. But it’s only a few bosses like that.

I’ve been enjoying the playstyle the set gives.

3 Likes

S3 set would be amazing if you didnt need trick shot to apply volley, right now in pvp that part is dead. Almost no one uses multishot in arenas…

Season 2s gamba spec was due to talent design, not set design.

Because season 2 tier set didn’t do anything.

1 Like

That + the trick shots volley bonus as the 2 and 4 piece please.

I know, i meant the tier set was designed around kill shot but the raid(tier) meta for MM was to gamble roll trueshot extensions by spamming aimedshot an later you neglected precise shots which was the main benefit of the 2 set. s3 is the absolute clear winner in design and power, it can even be improved such as removing the trickshot requirement of the 2 set to vastly boost its effectiveness and functionality in all types of situations. This is also a boost to ST which MM desperately needs.

And the point here is that the gameplay you are talking about was due to talents that no longer exist. The set bonus had nothing to do with that. Saying the set bonus is trash because the talent design during that tier was trash is simply flawed.

The set bonus was trash before/after the talent changes thats why MM was so bad untill it got s3 tier. as much as id love a killshot tier, its just not viable due to how it one does no AOE, and would take a vast amount of tuning to talents like razor fragments/dead eye/death blow to make killshot meaningful. The point everyone has made is that the other 2 is extremely astronomically unlikely to get the tuning required to make them viable. s3 is not only superior in functionality but also numbers.

1 Like