Marked for Death animation

Dear Blizzard devs, could you please remove Marked for Death talent’s animation? It ruins rotation of animations of other abilities SO MUCH when you in a middle of a fight. Character just STOPS and pointS in front of himself.
Why would you do that?
And even more of it. Since this animation has some kind of higher priority, it doesn’t END after I press eviscerate or other ability to spend combos. No. Character still stands and point like a dumb troll he is, instead of making sweet ninja shadowy moves.
Could you please remove this animation or at least make it lowest priority from all other rogue animation, so it will immediately interrupted by next animation in queue? I hate that it ruins prefect dynamic of a fight in dungeons and raids.

15 Likes

I agree. This animation is incredibly annoying. I do normally like abilities getting their own animations but this is NOT one of those times. Please take this animation out.

4 Likes

Someone hates fun.

It’s funny to see my character point at someone and yell out “LIBERAL!”

5 Likes

I usually follow it up with an Envenom, which makes him point forward and spin in a circle very robotically. It looks pretty silly, which suits my character and personal play style just fine. However I can see how a more respectable player might want this issue addressed.

3 Likes

Ok, that made me laugh.

Agreed on MFD animation - too clunky. Same with the new Cheapshot animation. 360 at the waistline just looks painful.

1 Like

I was just thinking about how awful this looks the other day. It needs to be refreshed.

1 Like

My character makes a little hop after mfd then ability I love it lol

I have a similar issue with survival hunter and kill command.
I am in the middle of a fight, why am stopping my attack to point at the enemy in front of me?

Also with the rogue itself, and and cheap shot.
Don’t get me wrong, i LOVE the worgen cheap shot animation, but it makes the following attack have a weird animation.

I always see it as you come out of the shadows and point at them marking them for death. Tho in a game with better graphics that might be mroe bad A than jr actually is.

Its okay for something that you start of, but it looks stupid in a mid fight. You backstabbing, shadowstriking, eviscerating with cool jumpy moves AND SUDDENLY YOU JUST STOP AND POINT IN FRONT OF YOURSELF. WHY?
It would be also okay if next animation/ability would just break previous (from marked for death) but no. it has whole sequence of frames till the next animation pickup the pase. Sometimes next animation only playing for legs and this looks even weirder.

It really is very dumb, seriously. And it would be so easy to fix.

The human female puts her hand on the WAIST and points with the other one… think about how SILLY that looks mid-rotation. How bout a simple spell effect instead of an emote?

Oh boy.

OMG thank you. I just started playing my rogue and thought something was missing, especially if it didn’t crit i had to go back to the logs to make sure that the evisc actually went off. Makes sense why it appears that way now.

I don’t understand why in shadowlands it still there.
They just need to REMOVE animation from this ability. We don’t need it at all.

I’ll be honest I never realised there was an animation, you guys have time to look at that?

1 Like

It was like this in BfA and it wasn’t like this in Legion. I loved to play Legion Sub cause of how smooth animations on combo generation and spending felt. But with this stupid marked for death combo generation feels awkward and stupid. it just STOPS in a middle and even doesn’t play animation of eviscerate.

I swear it bugs out sometimes then consumes the Points and doesnt hit the follow up finisher because the animation.

I sometimes feel this is happening, but without seeing it tested and reproduced, I’m not really willing to believe that MFD’s animation is somehow canceling damage.

1 Like

Who in the world has time to watch character animations? I’m too busy looking at everything else to even notice how my character animates. :joy:

2 Likes

Me and thousand other people like me. U eventually get used to it… but it doesn’t mean it’s going away. it’s just mean that blizzards doesn’t listen to good feedback and you tired of waiting for better times.