Mark of the Sentinax takes forever now

Seriously, can this be fixed? Basically every guide about trying to do this in BfA says “have fun, buddy, it’s gonna suck”. There’s pretty much nothing I can do to speed this process up. I just have to wait until rares happen to spawn and drop beacons, and then pray that the mobs spawned from beacon portals drop a decent amount of marks…I literally just got A SINGLE MARK from a round of this. Abysmal.

Once you figure out how to get the ball rolling you’re gonna be like me and facepalm. Just don’t go kill the mobs go kill the rares on the map marked with the heads. Use the beacons under the ship. Kill the mobs that come out of there. You’ll be done in 15 mins. There is 2 portals that show up so run/fly to both and get all the mobs.

It’s definitely not a 15 minute affair. I have to wait for rares to spawn, which can take hours, and then the amount of marks from killing the mobs that come through beacon-generated portals is random. I literally got 1 mark the first round.

2 Likes

Well the waiting for the bosses is the long part of course, but it really only took like tops 20 mins to finish after I figured that out. Guess I got lucky IDK but I was getting like 15 from each portal. Everyone once in a while one would be low but that’s just my experience.

Been checking back with this place every day this week and have yet to see an elite mob spawn beneath the sentinax. Did you ever figure this quest out?

1 Like

I’ve killed over 10 of the rare bosses and the beacons are not dropping off any of them for some reason. They used to drop off every single one. I have the quest “Mark of the Sentinax” where can I get the beacons?

You need to do “The Shadow of the Sentinax” quest before the beacons will start dropping from rares. The quest starter item drop from mobs under the sentinax. It’s really easy to do this quest without really noticing it, as the drop rate for the beacon is very high. So, your other characters probably did the quest before they got to the Sentinax part.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

Anyone have any idea how to get these sentinax marks? I can get the beacons. I use the beacon. it spawns a portal, I kill mobs and portal disappears after like 20 secons and maybe 3 spawns of mobs. I get no marks. What am I doing wrong?

Are you in the quest? Marks of the Sentinax are quest-only items and don’t drop unless you have the quest in your quest log.

They also stop dropping when you hit the required number. If you don’t have the full count in your bags, check your bank.

Yes thank you! I was stuck on this same part wondering why the beacons werent dropping