Mark of Awakened Mastery - PvP item bug

Currently Harrostrazsa, the Awakened Mark of Mastery vendor in the Parting Glass, sells Hero track PvE gear which has been the standard; and Champion track PvP gear with the regular Gladiator appearance which has not been the case in the past two seasons.

Historically the PvP gear has been on the Hero track, and uses the Elite Gladiator appearance.

Hoping we can get a fix for this soon. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m hoping this is a bug. I’m keeping my mark till next week, hopefully it will be fixed by then.

3 Likes

I’m holding out hope it will be addressed within this next week. I’ve been submitting bug reports in-game too.

3 Likes

ive been seeing quite a few different discussions on this and am also reporting this as well ingame. I’m not sure whats intended or not but from the way the game looks now, are we able to essentially earn the mark through m+ pve content and able to purchase the pvp appearance? i thought in the past only pvp marks could purchase pvp marks.

Im just confused lol

1 Like

yep with this way you can get the elite set just getting 1600s in two characters of the same class and buying the elite head or shoulder

1 Like

please forgive me, so season 4 if you want elite pvp transmog you can only get it via pvp? I was under the impression you could acquire the token through m+ rating and use it on the pvp elite apperance.

1 Like

Ever since Season 2 of Dragonflight, you could earn the Mark thru AOTC/M+/PvP, and spend it on either the PvE items, or PvP items (which had the Elite appearance for both season 2 & 3).
This season is still the same for acquisition, however, the regular Gladiator pieces are the ones being sold.

It may be an intentional change, since some classes have appearances on the vendor from previous seasons, but I wouldn’t mind a response from Blizzard.

I was definitely planning to cheese the shoulders/helm for my Shaman, but I may have to acquire it thru 1800 rating.

1 Like

This is likely intentional to avoid duplicating an elite appearance from a previous season, which does make sense, considering PvP gear always goes to the max in PvP anyway, so you’re not losing out on the item level.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately (for me), I do believe you’re right.

1 Like

i think i understand now.

I only to choose to pvp seasons where i want the sets or not and i only started to again in season 2. I was holding onto my mark of mastery this season but i guess its safe to just use it because previously in season 2 i used the token for elite pvp shoulders and was hoping to complete the set this season. I was under the impression the season marks of mastery tokens may be used for elite pvp appearances. But after reading feedback from regular pvp players in the forums and wowhead, I am beginning to understand that was always most likely unintentional.

I hope this get fixed today.