Maps from a gatherers point of view

I have spent quite a bit of time gathering.

There’s a few improvements / additions to maps that could be helpful. These include :

i) showing cave entrances on the map - these were easier to spot on dragonflight when they were blocked. A lot of the best rare herbs are in caves… and finding the cave entrance after you see the faded resource on the map can take some time given the map difficulty. As you get to know the maps I guess this will be less of a problem.

ii) world quests… these often have a display when you get in their area with lots of shiny things on the map that hides resource spawns. There use to be a way to turn them off - but I couldn’t find it.

iii) reduce map clutter from things you are not interested in when gathering. The map can often show three things on the map in the same small area. A box treasure, a fishing node etc… sometimes this makes mousing over to find what the herb/ore is and if you want to go there a pain.

iv) the up/down indicator and the faded out indicator (for in a cave) often don’t display until you are much closer to the resource (which shows at a longer distance) - it would be good if they displayed at a bigger distance. Also it would be useful to have a double down and double up arrow for long way down/up - I think this happened in legion. In hallowfall in particular it can be a long way down or up and if I knew Id skip the herb/ore unless it was something rare.

v) zoom settings - you often need to zoom in to get a better idea of where the resource is and then zoom out to go back to flying for more. The zoom out / in button is annoyingly small to click on.

I’m sure there are fixes for some of these (pardon my ignorance).

you can zoom in and out of the mini map with your mouse wheel

1 Like