Mana regen reduction?

First day or two of Cata I have been spamming dungeons with friends and questing. I thought it felt easy as a disc priest because I haven’t run out of mana or really even needed shadowfiend at all, never drink or anything. Last night I felt like I was always running low. Anyone else notice this?

I can only think is that there was a hotfix I wasn’t aware about, my tank is getting more comfortable and pulling way more, or higher level/higher level dungeons just hit harder?

1 Like

Could also be you had someone who provided Replenishment or a mana regen buff

Well the weird thing is the past couple days I didn’t have one and last night I had a ret paladin giving the replenishment buff along with might, so not sure. Unless there is another class that gives better regen? Idk, maybe I am just reading too much into it

The dungeons scale extremely quickly… to put it in perspective, the first 2 dungeons are designed so 226 ilvl wotlk characters can accomplish it. You get like 20k Health per level so by the time you’re 82 everyone has 50 or 60k fighting the same mobs you fought with 20k. And with healers spells being so good at 80. It took 0 mana to keep people alive. Hit the next tier, it’s scaled to 50-60k health players, and so on. But once you hit the 333 that’s designed for the bigger health pools you have, and your heal efficiency compared to mob damage and player health pools has fallen sharply.

Nothing in the game changed, just the natural progression.

1 Like

Ahh that does make sense, thank you for the clarification!